IGNORED

HSC13 Round 1: IXION

as ballyalley nearly picked IXION instead of Super Pac-Man, I've selected IXION for the first round. Super Pac-Man and all the other games will go into the next poll as they all got votes.

I see that TRBB is placing the blame of tie-breaker squarely on my shoulders. If you want to throw thanks, then please throw them my way... if you want to throw tomatoes... then please throw them toward the person who really chose the game: TRBB! :twisted:

How come there is no bonus game this round? Even one-point bonus games are fun little distractions.

• Like 1

Ok, I did another session and I have reached the round that is impossible to finish. You start on 2x4 tiles island and all three enemies are pointing at you from the beginning. Yellow ball is far away and I was not able to stay alive for longer then 2 seconds. Oh well...

Ok, I did another session and I have reached the round that is impossible to finish. You start on 2x4 tiles island and all three enemies are pointing at you from the beginning. Yellow ball is far away and I was not able to stay alive for longer then 2 seconds. Oh well...

I was a little bit confused when I was playing one of the rounds (it was round 17 i believe). I "did something" and suddendly layout of the level changed from one to another. Anybody got any idea what happened?

I think you are the only one (ever) to get that far... a screenshot would be good and perhaps we can get this fixed :ponder: Was it a 'first' board - perhaps you ran out of time and it flipped to a 2nd one? [looks like the layouts are fixed so what sort of score were you at and I'll see if I can reach it. It could be a kill level or perhaps you need to let two of them shoot each other?! ]

I see that TRBB is placing the blame of tie-breaker squarely on my shoulders. If you want to throw thanks, then please throw them my way... if you want to throw tomatoes... then please throw them toward the person who really chose the game: TRBB! :twisted:

How come there is no bonus game this round? Even one-point bonus games are fun little distractions.

It wasn't me :grin:

post-19705-0-13065900-1453679509.jpg

OK if you are keen to play and I am, believe me, this might be a long 2 weeks, but, I want to give everyone time to join in. If we have more games it's just as likely to put people off, especially those who join in late in the two week period - there's a few more people who have said they will play, plus there are some who will get my emails/see the various adverts on the Atari sites over the period. After this we can ramp things up... a bit - I've added a poll on the Round Length - check it out EVERYONE ;)

That being said, if anyone can find a suitable bonus game for IXION then let's see it - there must be something out there - best suggestion will earn a bonus point and we might even play it ;)

Edited by therealbountybob
Link to Round Length Poll Added

We have enough for the first tables!

So here they are....

IXION

1st Dope (n) 535,580 13pts # :thumbsup:
2nd therealbountybob (p) 467,010 11pts
3rd McKong (p) 346,920 10pts

4th Deteacher (n) 254,350 9pts
5th spookt (p) 238,770 9pts
6th airsoftmodels (p) 227,330 8pts
7th LidLikesIntellivisio(n) 187,570 7pts
8th Algus (n) 185,630 6pts
9th Mangia Boy (n) 177,770 5pts
10th jblenkle (n) 153,000 4pts
11th roadrunner (n) 147,870 3pts
12th Gorfy (n) 110,490 2pts
13th bluecat (p) 75,810 1pts

#Includes new HSC record bonus point

IXION Bonus Challenges - See details on first post.

First Man

1st Dope (n) 303,400 1pt
2nd therealbountybob (p) 279,750

First 2 Screens (not for those who have ever won a HSC round)

1st Dope (n) 36,340 1pt

First 4 Screens (open to everyone)

1st therealbountybob (p) 86,280 1pt
2nd Dope (n) 75,300

Plenty of time to join in this round EVERYONE - closes Sun 31st Jan 11pm UK time :)

• Like 1

My previous personal high score that I set for "IXION" (during HSC11, Round 9) was 209,890 points. As usual, I really did play the game at the last minute during the HSC Season 11. I figured that I'd do better this round (and this entire season) if I started playing the game right away, and then continued to play a little bit each day-- rather than "cramming" on the next-to-last-day (which is my usual style!).

I beat my personal high score this morning by 28,140 points-- that seems like a good-enough score to post:

IXION - 238,030 - (Played on real NTSC 130XE hardware)

post-4925-0-74903300-1453821854_thumb.jpg

Since no bonus game has been selected yet, I think I'll take a look around for one today or tomorrow. Maybe I can find something similar to "IXION," although nothing springs to mind right away. It's also time that I look at what it takes to get some bonus points this round. Those do add up during the season, plus it's fun working toward a different goal in a game rather then just aiming at a high score.

Oh, and I really hate that red bad in later levels. I suspect that as the game progresses that there will be more than one.

• Like 1

First try 28730 (emulated PAL on Atari800MacX with a repro Atari USB stick).

Second try 126.940. Addictive.

Third round 154.060 - tempted to try another one....

177.770, time to go to bed.

Hate it when I get stuck in a corner and can't hit the orange ball to get more tiles repaired to move around. Don't like those red balls at all....

Edited by slx
  • Like 1

FIRST OF ALL:

I'm back in the HSC. Thanks Jason for inviting me.

SECOND:

I'm trying to use my original Atari 8bit, the way I used it when I was 13 years old... that is stock 800XL with 1050 diskdrive. So I created for myself a real 5.25" floppy disk with IXION on it (booted from Dos 2.5) yeah...

Well... It's now almost time for bed, but I'll play this game this weekend end I'll send some pics then, but I'm afraid I will not post the winning score... but hey, it's all about atari fun right?

• Like 2

309,630! Wasn't gonna post again until I could break the 300K barrier! Man, it gets tough!

There is a particular screen around the 300K mark that can steal a lot of lives - this is the thing with IXION, it can be going great then you get psyched out on a screen - it has the Millipede overwhelm the player feel to it :)

It took me another 5 hours to reach that level but... here you go. :)

I think I've seen that screen before. Surely you can get that ball moving! I still bet you need to let them shoot each other :-o I will have a serious session tomorrow ;)

FIRST OF ALL:

I'm back in the HSC. Thanks Jason for inviting me.

SECOND:

I'm trying to use my original Atari 8bit, the way I used it when I was 13 years old... that is stock 800XL with 1050 diskdrive. So I created for myself a real 5.25" floppy disk with IXION on it (booted from Dos 2.5) yeah...

Well... It's now almost time for bed, but I'll play this game this weekend end I'll send some pics then, but I'm afraid I will not post the winning score... but hey, it's all about atari fun right?

Welcome back! and that goes to everyone, keep the scores coming and remember the bonus challenges... new tables in a minute...

Latest Tables (please do not edit scores in posts before this one!)

You can now see the scoring system at work - each additional player #12+ generates a new score from 4th - sorry but we always have 1 player in the 1pt slot, but my good friend bluecat or HSC regular roadrunner will usually have a go just to take part, so don't be put off if this is you :)

IXION

1st Dope (n) 535,580 13pts # :thumbsup:
2nd therealbountybob (p) 467,010 11pts
3rd McKong (p) 346,920 10pts

4th Deteacher (n) 309,630 9pts
5th spookt (p) 285,210 9pts
6th SHiNjide (p) 257,500 8pts
7th Gury (p) 252,770 8pts
8th ballyalley (n) 238,030 7pts
9th airsoftmodels (p) 227,330 7pts
10th jblenkle (n) 191,980 6pts
11th LidLikesIntellivision 187,570 6pts
12th Algus (n) 185,630 5pts
13th Gorfy (n) 185,220 5pts
14th Mangia Boy (n) 177,770 4pts
15th roadrunner (n) 147,870 3pts
16th bluecat (p) 75,810 2pts
17th slx (p) 28,730 1pts
#Includes new HSC record bonus point

IXION Bonus Challenges - See details on first post.

First Man

1st Dope (n) 303,400 1pt
2nd therealbountybob (p) 279,750

Score for First 2 Screens in 1 man - must collect IXION on 1st screen. Not for those who have ever won a HSC round.

1st Dope (n) 36,340 1pt

First 4 Screens in 1 man - must collect IXION on 1st and 3rd screens. Open to everyone.

1st therealbountybob (p) 86,280 1pt
2nd Dope (n) 75,300

Plenty of time to join in this round EVERYONE - closes Sun 31st Jan 11pm UK time :)

• Like 1

0249470 total score

The other fancy features of the High Score club (like points for level 1 etc.) ... are always bothering me a bit, since I have to quit the game, search for a pause button or whatever to take a picture.

I might join that too, but I think I stick to the total end score.

Is that ok?

Oh and this is on PAL 800XL

Edited by ProWizard