4 replies to this topic

#1 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• 4,848 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:05 PM

Hi guys.

What's IntyBASIC? IntyBASIC is a cross-compiler that takes its own version of BASIC language and converts it to assembly language for the CP1610 Intellivision processor, you need jzintv tools (as1600 and jzintv) to assemble and emulate the final games.

The latest version of IntyBASIC has a lot of modern control structures and gives you great control over the Intellivision capabilities without writing a single line of assembly language. This is no small feat.

It looks like a lot of people (and I mean a LOT) are finding IntyBASIC through search engines and doesn't find the most current version, so I'm creating there the official thread to point to the most current release.Newcomers can find useful to read the threads posted in the Intellivision Programming forum, lots of cool IntyBASIC techniques are described, even inside the compiler threads (there are many, starting from v0.1).

I will update this post as frequently as possible, finding resources and pasting links here.

There is a great chance I'm missing tutorials and other games availables (in special outside Atariage)

Older IntyBASIC versions:Tools:Sample IntyBASIC games:
Some of these have visual previews in the Intellivision Revolution site http://intellivision...n.com/intybasicIntyBASIC tutorials:Songs made with IntyBASIC:

Edited by nanochess, Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:48 PM.

#2 Rev ONLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,393 posts

Posted Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:43 PM

Great thread.

#3 PuzZLeR OFFLINE  

PuzZLeR

Chopper Commander

• 116 posts
  • WiLd CaRd

Posted Thu Feb 4, 2016 10:05 PM

Hi Nanochess. :)

I haven't decided whether you have created a complete sub-culture, or a monster. But, whatever it is, it's a good thing.

Congratulations, and thanks for IntyBASIC. :)

#4 Sir Jay OFFLINE  

Sir Jay

Chopper Commander

• 171 posts

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:17 PM

Thanks Nanochess. I am usually a Mac computer user due to some of my other hobbies (video stuff), but I recently cleaned off a not too old pic for the purpose of trying to learn some Inty programming. So, I have a question. Should I download the IntyBasic compiler or the Inty SDK? Also, does the compiler you put together come with all of the tutorials, games, and music you listed above? I assume that I also need to download jzintv and as1600 separately, correct. Thanks for the Inty love. Last question, when is Mecha8 coming to the Inty? 😄

Edited by Sir Jay, Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:18 PM.

#5 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,848 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:56 PM

Thanks Nanochess. I am usually a Mac computer user due to some of my other hobbies (video stuff), but I recently cleaned off a not too old pic for the purpose of trying to learn some Inty programming. So, I have a question. Should I download the IntyBasic compiler or the Inty SDK? Also, does the compiler you put together come with all of the tutorials, games, and music you listed above? I assume that I also need to download jzintv and as1600 separately, correct. Thanks for the Inty love. Last question, when is Mecha8 coming to the Inty?

I suggest you to download both the SDK and IntyBASIC compiler and check for your taste.

No, all these examples come separately. And yes, you should download jzintv and as1600.

No plans for Mecha 8 coming to the Intellivision.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users