IGNORED

PostScript/PDF (vector) label template interest?

ckoba

All,

With all of the neat new cartridges that have been coming out (especially Gazoo's compilation work), I spent a bit of time with Affinity Designer and created a bunch of labels intended to be printed on sticker paper.

The difference between these labels and the others that I've seen posted is that these are vector-based, not raster. They're small, print fast, and look good at any resolution.

Labels are included for TurboForth, Extended Basic 2.7 Suite, the various E/A carts, and Gazoo's game collections. With an appropriate editor, the templates can be used to create a stock-looking label for any module. Mac users, I *strongly* recommend Affinity Designer because it's a) cheap, b) interoperable with Adobe Illustrator, and c) fast as hell.

Included in the attached zipfile is the Affinity Designer sourcefile, an EPS export, and a PDF. All of this expects to be on A4 size; since it's vector, it can easily be printed on US letter-size stock without loss of quality.

Enjoy,

-- Chris

TI_Cartridge_Label.zip

• Like 6

Looks great! Thank you!

My affinity is to edit SVG files with my favorite text editor ;-)

No, not really, but I already wrote JavaScript programs that manipulates them.

In my real life (if I have to handle some vector images) I use Inkscape. You can use it for free and for all well known operating systems and I'm sure it covers the same features than the others have. (I can't say with true, cause I don't know all Programs listed in sometimes99er's "benchmarking")

• Like 2

Excellent move including the EPS (folks rarely thing of that) so that editing is simplified.

And good looking labels (always loved the clean look of the 99/4 labels...found the colour coded labels were way too busy)

Good work all around!

Excellent move including the EPS (folks rarely thing of that) so that editing is simplified.

And good looking labels (always loved the clean look of the 99/4 labels...found the colour coded labels were way too busy)

Good work all around!

Thanks for the kind words. I learned long ago that EPS was created for a reason, interpolation is ill-advised, and what might be acceptable resolution now will look like crap when DPI is doubled next year :)