IGNORED

Food Fight 2 idea

Inky

An idea this non programmer has been thinking about a lot lately is that Food fight doesn't have a 2 player at the same time option. I've been thinking about this and came up with this idea..

Player one tries to eat the cone on the left, however another player, tries to eat the ice cream on the right side of the screen. The two players fling food at each other as per normal, however there's new food and instead of killing each other they have new effects on the players.

There would be twelve characters to choose from, including Charley Chuck

1) Pie - When hit by a pie, the character displays a face covered in pie, blocking vision. This makes the character's aiming of food off temporarily.

2) Doughnuts. When hit by a doughnut, it wraps around your arm, and reduces your firing rate

3) Banana. When hit by this, you slip and fall, being temporarily stunned.

4) Watermelon. Every second fight there's one watermelon. Whichever player reaches it first controls it. It just slows the other player's pace of advancement. Watermelon is unlimited as per usual.

5) Corn. When thrown, it explodes like popcorn after a moment, stunning the opposing player.

All food is limited as per normal. Points are based on how long it takes to eat a cone, as well as how many hits on the opposing player or chefs occur.

The chefs are still in the game. Instead of popping out of holes, they appear from bistros in the corners of the screen (corner bistro, get it?). The plot of the game is that Charley and Mary are disturbing the peace with the fight, and the chefs are out to put a stop to it. The chefs get in the way of the fight. They can't kill you, but they can stun you.

To win a level, a player must eat at least two cones in three rounds by default, or the number of rounds (always odd) are selectable, with whoever wins a majority of rounds declared champion

Single player would be structured in a round like Mortal Kombat. Two wins, move on to the next character.

The idea needs some more flushing out, but what do you think so far?

• Like 5

I love it!! Very creative ideas. It would have been great to include a 2 player mano and mano battle in the original version in the first place. I like the food concepts and the effects it has to the opponent.

I also like to see drinks being used to throw at an opponent, for example soda. If a player gets pelted with it he or she will be stuck or move slowly due to it's sticky texture from all the sugar of course. That is one that I can think of.

The Mortal Kombat theory is a great added touch and that can be used as a single player duel mode. In the end. I am thinking of 1 player story mode, 1 player duel mode like in Mortal Kombat or Golden Axe, and 2 player duel mode.

• Like 1

I've always thought the game needed a few obstacles besides holes in the floor. Since you're talking about the chefs emerging out of bistros, why not make the playfields something like a series of differently-shaped food courts, with a few tables and chairs scattered on the playfield. Tables would be impassible, but if you run into a chair, you'll trip over it and fall, stunning you for just a few seconds while the chefs close in. If you're holding down the button, though, and Charley (or whatever character you control) isn't holding a food item, you can shove the chairs a little distance in any direction, and if it makes contact with a chef, it will cut the legs out from under him and cause him to fall to the floor for a moment (but the chefs would mostly be smart enough to avoid walking to chairs on their own, unless you trick them into it). Could be a useful mechanic to knock down a chef, then throw food at him for a combo and some extra points.

• 2 weeks later...