IGNORED

My custom build arcade CV controller

yellowcat08

Here is my custom build arcade size and style CV controller. I build this many years ago. It has three sets of controllers in one. The left one is for sport games. It consists of two micro switches for finger tapping which is very fast for sport games rather than pressing the fire buttons which is tiresome and slow. The other two controllers have steel springs mounted on a steel plate.

controller7_zpsqkhpezdo.jpg

controller8_zpsbulyfot6.jpg

controller2_zpsxj25lg0z.jpg

controller3_zpss0arkiwv.jpg

controller4_zpsqod8ymgi.jpg

controller5_zpsros66x9i.jpg

controller6_zpsvbwflv2z.jpg

• Like 4

Here is my custom build arcade size and style CV controller. I build this many years ago. It has three sets of controllers in one. The left one is for sport games. It consists of two micro switches for finger tapping which is very fast for sport games rather than pressing the fire buttons which is tiresome and slow. The other two controllers have steel springs mounted on a steel plate.

controller7_zpsqkhpezdo.jpg

Cool joystick build. When I first saw your post I thought your build looked familiar. Then it hit me. I saw something very similar in an Electronic Fun magazine from 1983:

post-9874-0-12085300-1453777585_thumb.jpg

Is your joystick build based on the one from that magazine? The magazine talks about making the steel plates with springs and such for the joystick. Sound very similar to yours.

• Like 2

Cool joystick build. When I first saw your post I thought your build looked familiar. Then it hit me. I saw something very similar in an Electronic Fun magazine from 1983:

attachicon.gifJoystick.jpg

Is your joystick build based on the one from that magazine? The magazine talks about making the steel plates with springs and such for the joystick. Sound very similar to yours.

You are correct. I build the controller console based on the magazine article. I added some more stuff and improvements to mine.