IGNORED

WIP : Alamo 1836

Fredifredo

Hello !

Last year I started something with RB+ and now it's time for me to try to finish it to say it's a game ...

1836 the texas Revolution.

"In the early morning hours of March 6, the Mexican Army advanced on the Alamo. After repulsing two attacks, the Texians were unable to fend off a third attack. As Mexican soldiers scaled the walls, most of the Texian soldiers withdrew into interior buildings. Defenders unable to reach these points were slain by the Mexican cavalry as they attempted to escape." from wikipedia

-What is it ?

An arcade historical rail shoot game ( not strategy genre )

- When it will be release ?

when it will be finished

- Can you add something here or here ?

No.

-Can you help me for the graphs ?

No for the sprites , yes for a title screen

- Can you help me for the code ?

i'm not a coder, so I can say YES...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some working sprites ( copyright FrediFredo :) )

http://www.mirari.fr/TJTw

http://www.mirari.fr/WUye

--------------------------------------------------------------

WIP :

alamo.abs

• Like 9

I try to do an ISO genre but it's real 2D !

What I want to do is the multi sprites engine :

each mexican can shoot only one time and has to stop front the wall without shooting or running

Sprite of defenders are not finished , it the old "horizontal" one .

is there will be some bugs due to diagonal use of rhit ?

• Like 1

I try to do an ISO genre but it's real 2D !

What I want to do is the multi sprites engine :

each mexican can shoot only one time and has to stop front the wall without shooting or running

Sprite of defenders are not finished , it the old "horizontal" one .

is there will be some bugs due to diagonal use of rhit ?

as far as i am aware rhit uses collision boxes defined in your ibject lists, as long as the sollesion boxes overlap then a collision will be registered.

depending on your program you may have to have two lots of rhit though, once to determine a hit from the bullet and another to determine which item has been hit and to deal with the specific object

• Like 1

depending on your program you may have to have two lots of rhit though, once to determine a hit from the bullet and another to determine which item has been hit and to deal with the specific object

You can do that with one call, and then loop around your objects checking for what was hit.

You can also define multiple hit-boxes per object, so you could put a small square at each of the 4 points on the iso sprite.

You can do that with one call, and then loop around your objects checking for what was hit.

You can also define multiple hit-boxes per object, so you could put a small square at each of the 4 points on the iso sprite.

i did try it with one rhit, i don't know what happened but it only marked one set of objects in the was_hit field, I dont recall what side this was marked on right now source or target but that's why i did two rhits the opposite way round to get a complete list of information which worked. i agree that this could be another of my own issues but thats what happened....

i did look at that briefly but there is no rb+ example of the feature, and how do you specify the data? an array or something? documentation says specifies a pointer to the data so thats the array or variable name but

im afraid to me the provided information isn't enough for me to attempt such a thing :(

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...