IGNORED

48 sprite help

Engeliron

Hello all. I've tried following the code on Dragster for movement of the 48 pixel dragster. I can't seem to understand how Crane moved the dragster only using HMP0,x and not an additional HMP1,x. Does anyone have a super simple snippet of code that would allow a person to move a 48 pixel character around the screen just like Kirk Israel's 'Ghost' program? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

This should probably be moved into the Atari 2600 Programming forum - a moderator might do it for you.

I can't seem to understand how Crane moved the dragster only using HMP0,x and not an additional HMP1,x.

Looks like that STA HMP0,X is in a loop controlled by X. When X = 0 it updates HMP0, when X = 1 it updates HMP1.

That's very basic 6502 coding. You might like to take a look at Easy 6502, specifically Addressing Modes.

Does anyone have a super simple snippet of code that would allow a person to move a 48 pixel character around the screen just like Kirk Israel's 'Ghost' program? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Check out bigmove, found in the Tricks section of MiniDig.

If you're new to 2600 programming you might like to check out my blog series Collect, the detailed development of a simple 2K game from start to finish..

• Like 1

This was my first posting so I wasn't sure where to message from but thank you very much for the info. I've read some postings off the atariage site and have always found you guys to be very helpful and knowlegeful. I look forward to being part of the homebrew scene for a long time. Thanks!