kwkbox sega saturn sonic r

28 replies to this topic

#26 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,413 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Tue Feb 2, 2016 7:35 PM

^ Nnnoooooo! That's one of my favorites! played the hell out of it as a kid, it takes practice to be a pro at it..most people struggle with changing gears. Steering can be wacky at first too, but it's really not that bad. Guess I'm just very nostalgic about that title in particular..  :)

#27 BillyHW OFFLINE  

BillyHW

River Patroller

• 3,549 posts

Posted Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:46 PM

Race Drivin' for the SNES and don't say I didn't warned you! The 1/2 frame per second animation, boxy vehicles, horrible controls, and sounds like you shit your pants when your car crashes and blows up. Not to mention a few stunts that are WTF!?!?

It's too bad they didn't try to make Race Drivin' with the Super FX chip.

#28 7800fan OFFLINE  

7800fan

Quadrunner

• 5,606 posts

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:36 PM

Race Drivin was released a few months before Starfox so it's possible that SFX chip was still too new and not in enough quantity for anyone else outside Nintendo to pick up and add to their games.

If someone can hack Race Drivin rom to use SFX chip and play it on emulator or flash carts with SFX support, it might be better.

#29 Nutsy Doodleheimer OFFLINE  

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Total Retard

• 5,619 posts

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:44 PM

I use to be a f'n addict and hogged the Hard Drivin' and Race Drivin' arcade cabs in the arcades back in the 90's. I credit the game for teaching me to drive a stick shift. I was 11 when I first beat the Original Track Championship lap in 1992 and 12 for the Super Stunt Track Championship lap. I love the Speedster car (the yellow car with the flame design) it was my choice one. I think late '92 is when Race Drivin' came out for the SNES Star Fox was Spring '93. The Genesis port, despite the blocky graphics played more faithful to the arcade than the SNES abomination. The Saturn port is excellent!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwkbox, sega saturn, sonic r

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users