IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Week 3 = Donkey Kong Jr.

JacobZu7zu7

I wanted to do something different and blog my experience playing this week. One of my classes has us doing a blog on something we love, and I'm trying to get one started on videogame collecting. This was pretty fun, I might want to do this from here on out if people enjoyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YX2FGJLznk

Edited by BladeOfOsiris
  • Like 2

nice Blade, I'm definitely a fan of any videogame collecting blog! :)

post-34560-0-11387500-1454563978_thumb.jpg

I'm getting stuck here! I don't know how I ever got farther. I find myself throwing down "f-bombs" more than usual.

my DK Junior 2600 story: My cousin worked at a bar in Arizona when I was about 11 yrs. old. which meant I could go hang out at the bar any time! plus she would give me a coupla' quarters to play DK Jr. She also rocked at DK Jr so after watching her I got pretty good & always liked it more than DK arcade (until recent years).

when I first got an atari (in recent years that is) I started hunting for packs of atari games & within a couple months got DK Jr. never played it before a few years ago, but I immediately liked it & was hooked for a while!

going back to it now, I feel more confronted by its shortcomings. I'm still enjoying it though and I know I got a lot farther than this a few years back so my goal is to roll the damn score!!

• Like 4

Donkey Kong Jr. - 206,200

can anyone explain why my photos are not oriented? They are correct on my computer but when I post here, they are sideways or upside-down!?!?!

I even rotate them on hard drive (and save) then re-attach and they are STILL oriented wrong!!

Finally getting the hang of this game.

post-27266-0-27288900-1454700457_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

89,500, slightly quicker finish, but still stuck on Electricity Lv4-5? I think I know how to do it. I need to jump over the slow moving traps, and then make sure my foot is up on the left.

gallery_38581_1110_7296.png

BTW, where is the post for HSC S5-Week 4. I think I have maxed out the amount of effort I want to put into getting good at this game.

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 2

Here is the thing I hate about this game and games like Mario Bros. for the HSC. It rewards players for making errors. S.BAZ and myself are stuck at exactly the same point. He has a slightly higher score though, possibly due to two possible things.

1. He finished each stage with slightly more time to spare.
2. He placed a 1-2 keys on the second stage and died, then completed that level.

I just scored (90,600 don't count it), but did it by milking just Level 3, Stage 2. I purposefully died after pushing in 1-2 keys. I did this several times, because it looks like you are rewarded +1 (or more lives) for completing a level, and this might max out at 3 lives.

Oh well.

Edited by CapitanClassic