IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

Another bulky manual supplied in the form of clean hi-res tif images for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish.

This time we have a very odd game called HOPPER (PHM 3229)

No, it is not a variant of Frogger (there was an unauthorised Frogger variant in the arcades called Hopper which was transferred to other computers including dos - this isn't it).

This is a version by John Philips and Mike Archuleta of the 1982 SEGA arcade game PENGO, where a penguin slides blocks of ice. They changed it into this variant- a kangaroo pushing crates...

post-47425-0-12620500-1550844663.png post-47425-0-04078200-1550844815.png

Cheat mode (?) - at the title screen press the asterisk then select your starting level from 0-9.

regards Stephen

Hopper.zip

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 4

Several peripheral manuals are on ti99iuc as below. I have additional manuals which I will post in a little while- still need to finish Sewermania and get Slymoids on---- then onwards to some fairly thick manuals.

First to whet your appetite, manuals already on ti99iuc:

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/download.php?fn=_archivio/121/download/Disk%20Memory%20Drive%20(PHP1250-1850)%20-%20Manual%20(EU).pdf

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/download.php?fn=_archivio/122/download/Disk%20Memory%20Drive%20Add-On%20(EU)%20-%201103174-0000.pdf [English is some way into the document...]

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/download.php?fn=_archivio/123/download/Disk%20Memory%20System%20-%20Manual%20(EU)%20-%201103011%20-0000.pdf [php 1240 multi language dark green cover 32k]

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/download.php?fn=_archivio/120/download/Peripherial%20Expansion%20System%20Manual%20-%20EU.pdf [php1200 dark green cover PEB]

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/download.php?fn=_archivio/124/download/RS232%20Card%20Interface%20PHP1220%20-%20Manual%20(EU)%20-%201103010%20-0001.pdf [php1220- dark green cover --RS232- I have an errata which I will post]

http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/download.php?fn=_archivio/175/download/WiredRemoteControllers_Manual(Eng)-(1039061-2)-Ver1.pdf

[ my thicker wired remote controller manual is older and multi-linqual- despite its size it may be one that needs me to scan it...]

I'll first do an errata sheet for the RS232, then scan the standalone manuals, and then do a blue cover PHP1240 [Disk card- English only] and the multi-language wired remote controls manual. Then perhaps some more games and disk programme manuals...

regards

Stephen

• Like 3

For the record only- do not follow these pin outs!
Two pages from the FIRST release of the RS232 dark green manual - multi language - PHP1220

The PDF of the green manual at ti99iuc:
http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/download.php?fn=_archivio/124/download/RS232%20Card%20Interface%20PHP1220%20-%20Manual%20(EU)%20-%201103010%20-0001.pdf
is clear, clean and absolutely fine and is corrected.

It differs from my version of the manual so for the record here are the two differing pages- the pin out given on page 10 for the PIO pins is quite wrong in my manual, which led to an errata being pasted inside the front cover.

I am just posting the two differing pages (p10 and inside front cover) for the archives, make sure you don't use the original pin outs as given in this first release, it could damage your peripheral.....

regards

Stephen

RS232 euro 1st edition PHP1220 Archive.zip

• Like 3

Bumper bundle today- Dave, find the manual....

post-47425-0-48569100-1551092391.pngpost-47425-0-74806900-1551092437.pngpost-47425-0-43902400-1551092410.png

Documentation, in clean hi res TIF format for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish for:

Two TI/Milton Bradley modules for the MBX unit, which work fine without it:

METEOR BELT

SEWERMANIA

and a TI module where I found the sfx just a tad annoying, SLYMOIDS.

For peripheral lovers, the docs for the full height disk drive peripheral PHP1850, a single sheet of paper folded into 10 pages.

Disk Drive PHP1850 white.zip

meteorbelt.zip

sewermania.zip

slymoids.zip

• Like 5

A couple of stand alone peripheral manuals, the disk control manual has all those error codes folks keep asking about. Apart from the physical packaging the operation of the peripheral cards was the same.

As the Sewermania docs were so popular I will take a little excursion to do Space Bandits in the next few days before moving on to the the very thick blue cover "Disk Memory System" peb card manual which is going to take a week or two,

So - intended timetable is-

in next few days, updated list of TI documentation on Atariage and across the Internet;

then Space Bandits (which is quite a thick manual so maybe in 7-10 days);

and hopefully by the end of March (!) the PHP1240 documentation.

Meanwhile here we have in the usual clean hi res TIF format for you to ocr, pdf or scan-

PHP2200 32k ram standalone peripheral

PHP1800 disk control standalone peripheral

Sorry about some curvature on the edges of some pages, these thick stapled manuals don't always like to lie flat (the staples are not always in line).

Stephen

32kram php2200 standalone.zip

php1800 disk control standalone.zip

• Like 4

Updated Programme Documentation lists.

Note- some low quality docs are not referred to, to encourage someone to add a high quality version. A handful of documents have comments added to highlight low-res, smeared scans or missing or monochrome covers.

BOTH lists are up to date to 5th March 2019. Errors and omissions- please let me know!

First up is a TEXT list of what is on the forum, with the URLs to go to. This is basically the documentation segment from:

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/567/entry-12507-strips-cards-manuals-labels-3d-objects-more-updated-02132019/

with a handful of updates since that entry was last updated.

Then we have a PDF which is the amalgamated sorted list of documents from this forum and other principal websites - in particular:

Atariage, ti99iuc, 99er.net, whtech.com, and www.mocagh.org

I have reformatted the pdf list a little since the last one, it may be easier to refer to or print now.

As I am now scanning fairly thick documents which takes a looong time, I won't reissue these lists until the start of May 2019.

Hope they are useful. Regards Stephen

amalgamatedlist5mar19.pdf

omegalist.txt

• Like 3

Documentation for the Milton Bradley (MBX)/Texas Instruments module SPACE BANDITS. The module will work with or without the MBX system.

If you have tried the game without reading the manual and found it hard going, read the manual and try again.

Usual hi res TIF images for you to OCR PDF or print as you wish.

post-47425-0-02510400-1552295970.png

An added extra for this one - an ultra hi res scan (2400 dpi) of a couple of the "blue" printed letters in the manual, which puzzled me. I can't recall seeing this mode of printing used anywhere else, it made me think my eyes or scanner were going...

ongoing... making progress with PHP1240 should have it done by the end of the month.

I have SPAD XIII on my pile to redo as the existing scans are rather difficult (so no urgency)- the original documentation had illustrations which were in black and white and over-reduced- does anyone have access to original larger images? I have found a better photo image of the inside cover photograph so can improve on that.

have fun Stephen

space bandits ti_mbx.zip

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 5

Horrible weather has kept me in scanning so here are three more items of documentation for you- clean hi-res TIF images for you to ocr, pdf or print as you wish.

post-47425-0-46802000-1552744522.jpgpost-47425-0-79180800-1552744541.jpgpost-47425-0-56977200-1552744566.jpg

Disk Memory Card- blue manual PHP1240

TI Invaders- the brown manual for the disk release, which still refers to the module version of the game

Video Games One- this is the European manual, but I only have the pages in English, sorry, no French or German. The front cover is with and without the statutory UK sticker for warranty cover. Note this 1979 manual refers only to the TI99/4, so the keys used are for the 99/4, there is reference to the Equation Calculator, and the reference to "wired controllers" refers to a "side button" which is the joystick fire button....

VideoGames1 EU ENG.zip

TI Invaders Disk.zip

php1240 disk system card blue.zip

• Like 7

Documentation for two items, in hi res tif format for you to ocr pdf or print as you choose....

post-47425-0-33747000-1553195134.pngpost-47425-0-74832300-1553195285.png

SUPER DEMON ATTACK is what it says on the module label and the manual, but the menu choice and the title screen just say Demon Attack. An Imagic game which failed to attract me, mostly as I kept being killed - the starting level was too high for me.

ARTIST PRINT SHOP by Paul Coleman / Comprodine was a utility set for users of TI Artist, supplied on disk in 1989. The original documentation was a bit blurry due to emphasised well inked print being reduced from A4 to A5. The suite included Signmaker, Banner Maker, and Stationery Maker. The images used are TI Artist _I instance files (which you had to supply) and it used TI Artist font (_F) files- one font was supplied (named PC).

Stephen

SUPERDEMONATTACK.zip

ArtistPrintShop.zip

• Like 5

Wolfgang Königs W.K. Debugger 4.1 - King´s Electronik

German Manual.

The W.K. Debugger was delivered on a 2764 Eprom, for the Heiner Martin Modul (ROM).

You also need a copy of the E/A-GROM´s

Almost all routines from the MiniMem-Modul were implemented

W.K.-Debugger-4.1--Kings-Electronic-GER.pdf

• Like 4

Documentation in hi res clean tif format for you to OCR, PDF or print as you wish.

post-47425-0-88374600-1553595592.pngpost-47425-0-28901100-1553595721.pngpost-47425-0-99855300-1553595582.png

TI Runner Level Editor, disk from EB Software, includes appendium for Version 1.3

Oldies but Goodies Games II - TI Tape PHT6017, also released on disk- the manual text refers to both versions and includes the well known games of 3D Tic Tac Toe, PegJump, Hidden Pairs, Hammurabi and Word Safari. And confuses tape owners immediately by starting:

STEP 1 select TI Basic and type CALL FILES(1), - which is not very successful if you don't have a disk drive. Para 7 is "to load the program from a cassette tape" and fails to say you don't need CALL FILES(1). Oh dear.

Speak and Math - TI Tape PHT6031, also released on disk which is covered first in the manual text. Requires a TE2 module and speech synthesiser. Programs are Solve It, Mix It, Greater/Less, and Write It. I've added a photo of the cassette!

Impressively sharp print on these early manuals, but the pages don't quite line up and the print isn't always parallel to the page bottom.....

I found a bundle of papers issued by TI in a box- a collection of "Addendum" and corrections to TI Manuals. Mine are not with the manuals and I suspect new owners who may be lucky to get manuals with modules may also lack these nuggets of gold. So my next task is to collect these together into a single zip file. Lots of pages so may take a while.

Then on to Programming Aids I and Mailing List- both fairly thick.

Oldies but Goodies 2 Games.zip

SpeakAndMath.zip

ti_runner_level_editor.zip

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 5

Hi, which tool to batch-convert to PDFs is the best ? any ideas ? thx

From single pages (*.jpg) to one pdf I use ImageMagick, in particular the convert tool. This is a Linux tool, but I think there is also a Windows version.

convert page*.jpg document.pdf
  • Like 1