IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

On a another topic... when I went for my manuals, I found my missing CF card reader that I recently replaced. :skull:

Thanks brother, but really, the lay-out is stolen directly from the Atari 800 manual, I just changed the colour (black backgrounds are so 1980) and the « ATARI 400/800 » to « Texas Instruments TI99/4A ». If it's a fantastic cover, kudos should go to the original designer. I am simply a thief.

And just wait until you get to be my age... I can lose my CF reader (and everything else on my desk) without even leaving my chair! The sad thing is I keep my desk clean and tidy, it is my brain that has become disorganized!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 2

so here one for the road :)

don´t know if it´s "new".....

attachicon.gifTI-USER-Galaxy-Kent-UK-Aug-1983-q-rms01.pdf

Cool Cool schmiitzi! I love old local user-group newletters.

I don't think it is a co-incidence that they look so much like Church Bulletins. After all, to early computer enthusiasts, our hobby WAS our religion (to most of us it still is). These newsletters, local meetings and BBSes all morphed into the internet at one point, and sadly we lost something in the translation.

excellent post!

I used to write for a local AtariST user group...I should see if I can dig up any of our old newsletters.

• Like 1

Hi,

here is the manual (3 MB) for the ATRONIC 32KB RAM + PAR:

ATRONIC-32KB-RAM-PAR-Manual-ebook.pdf

You can also download a bigger version (30 MB) here: http://toxic-instruments.com/open/ti99lists/fb/manuals/ATRONIC-32KB-RAM-PAR-Manual.pdf

(sorry, 30MB is too big for AA)

(If OK, please press "like" below for the 30MB-version so that I can count the downloads)

post-41141-0-81763000-1454938559_thumb.jpg post-41141-0-45860100-1454938567_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

schmitzi posts the cool stuff (cooler if he shipped me the actual Atronic device instead of teasing us with manuals), but I'm back with more game manuals.

Decided to take the manuals to work today and use the high speed scanner there (600dpi duplex at under 10 seconds compared to over 5 minutes per side at home) I think the quality of the Atarisoft manuals speak for themselves (huge file size though, so be prepared to use a bit of bandwidth to grab these).

Note: Munchman II's manual is actually a wee bit larger than 8.5 x11, so I had to use the office flatbed scanner instead of the high-speed (which is a sheet-feed scanner with a maximum width of 8.5"). Still turned out good, but nothing like the others. Note this is a different version of manual than the one posted by schmitzi earlier (which included the development notes - sehr cool schmitzi!!)

4A Flyer.pdf

Strike Three!.pdf

Frogger.pdf

Q-Bert.pdf

Munchman II.pdf

• Like 4

Now the atarisoft stuff..

...two are missing...the Jungle Hunt manual is in the mail to me as I type this (should arrive before the end of the week) but PacMan is the one Atarisoft released title that I have yet to find a box and manual for. So if someone has PacMan, a scan of the manual would be nice until I hunt down a set.

(you may have noticed that Popeye is also missing from the Parker Bros manuals...it's travelling with Jungle Hunt, so I'll post them both later this week)

Anyway Atari part 1:

Atari Warranty Card.pdf

Centipede.pdf

Defender.pdf

Dig Dug.pdf

Donkey Kong.pdf

Moon Patrol.pdf

• Like 4

Last for today, Atarisoft Part II...

This will be it for now, I'll add a few remaining titles later in the week, then all I have left are the Ti released manuals, and those are already archived everywhere, so I won't be posting them.

Sad story....the miner2049 manual got mangled by the sheet feeder today (my fault)....I managed to salvage it, but it is no longer pristine as it was. So if you have this manual in good shape, I just helped it go up in value!

Could have been worse, it could have been the original Khe Sanh disk I melted 2 weeks ago (note to self: never accidentally leave floppies on the stove-top when using the oven)

Ain't senility grand!?

Ms PacMan.pdf

Picnic Paranoia.pdf

Pole Position.pdf

Protector II.pdf

Shamus.pdf

• Like 3

PeBo! Excellent copies man! :thumbsup:

BTW - Everyone, when printing these out in LANDSCAPE format (double sided printing), don't forget to tell your printer to flip it on the short side, otherwise the reverse side will be upside down. :P

Thanks dude!

As far as short side/long side, thanks for mentioning that - I should have said something, but I ALWAYS screw that up the first time I print a new 2 sided project, so if a few other people don't know and screw it up too, I'll feel less stupid. :grin:

Another note is if your printer doesn't do duplex, print the odd numbered pdf pages first, then flip the pile and print the even pages.

btw, Staples sells « HP Brochure and Flyer Paper » which is glossy on both sides...ideal for the atarisoft manuals...and at 180g/m² it's actually much more durable than the originals! $23 (50 sheets) in Canada, so that's probably about $1.25 in the US.

• Like 2

Hi,

wow, great quality :) supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :) thanks PeBo

One of my printers is a HP OfficeJet 86xx which also scans and prints duplex (where I did that Atronic-scan today)

So now I will see if I can get this glossy paper here in the Deutsche Land, so that I can druck out all this fine manuals :)

That scanning today was a bit fiddly for me, as i don´t do that every day, and I had to tinker a bit because of the format.

But I can see, like doing such things :)

great

xXx

post-41141-0-69015200-1454975952_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Holleri du dödl di, diri diri dudl dö (Loriot) :)

Here is the scan of my HRD+ (Horizon RamDisk) from 1987, constructed by Bud Mills and Ron Gries.

HRD+RAMDisk-Construction-Guide-by-Bud-Mills--Ron-Gries-1987-rms01.pdf

Maybe this manual already exists. I am interested in any info about anything

I have some more manuals, the "usual" ones, but I cannot differ at the moment between

HRD+ and HRD+2000, 3000 a.s.o.

So I'll have to use them, to configure them, to watch them, to understand them, but the time....

did that twice only, so need more routine.

But I think these are different generations of the card ? with the different capacities.

I have captured & sorted (of course :) all pics I was able to get in the last year

I also have scanned the manual from my HRD 3000 ("+" ?) :) - but I have to redo that because was no good result.

Here, just a quicky from the list, what I have now:

post-41141-0-72459800-1455106128_thumb.jpg

If I can do something better or in another way on my scans, please let me know. I am learning. If it is crap, please let me know :)

Better now, than after the 50. scan :)

thanks

xXx

• Like 1

Ok, so I have a request if anyone has it...and considering the size, it's a big ask...

I'm looking for the manual for Navarone's Database Management System 2.0.

I'm willing to buy an original copy off someone has one they want to sell, but I'm not placing this in the buy and sell section, because I would be equally happy with a decent scanned copy of it. (at a few hundred pages I don't know if a scan even exists anywhere).

I've done a quicky web search and can't find one, so thought I'd ask in this thread too. No need to post it...just a point in the right direction to find one would suffice.

Hi,

I have the cartridge, but don´t know about the manual, to give a new scan. Have to look for.

But here are some older scans I found some time ago, maybe that works....(is it 2.0?)

And there was something on the CYC-CD, IIRC

Have fun

xXx

The manual: (maybe 1.0 only?)

Data Base Management (Navarone) manual.pdf

and two docs from Bill Gaskill:

dbms_compared.pdf

nav_dbms_tutorial.pdf

• Like 3

Hi,

I have the cartridge, but don´t know about the manual, to give a new scan. Have to look for.

But here are some older scans I found some time ago, maybe that works....(is it 2.0?)

And there was something on the CYC-CD, IIRC

Have fun

xXx

Hey brother,

That tutorial is going to be VERY helpful...along with the other docs, I think I have all that I need ti play around with the cartridge.

I look forward to seeing if DBM is compatible with the nanoPEB's much larger disk size. That would make it a much more powerful program than it was originally, as it was so restricted by the SS/SD disk I had back then. Both speed and capacity will be greatly enhanced if I can use CF partitions instead of disks!

Vielen Dank!

p

• Like 1

I'm in the market for a color printer. I have been using a monochrome Brother laser printer for several years now and it suits my needs 99% of the time. However, with all the nice manual scans above, I wouldn't mind a color printer as well. Should I go for a color laser or an ink jet?

Inkjet printers can be purchased rather cheaply (almost given way) because they make their money back on the over priced ink, many time over. I purchased this model from Staples at the more expensive price a while back, it does a great job, scans, prints, even double sided if you want. I'm very happy with it. The only function I don't use is the fax. I also like the copy function as I can stick something on the scanner, press a button and have an instant copy, without using the computer. This model is also WiFi capable so all you have to do is plug it into the wall and set it up. The WiFi is great for people who use tablets or WiFi capable cellphones.

Laser printers are more expensive to purchase, but printing costs are usually lower. One thing you should be aware of with inkjet printers... you have to use them regularly. If you go a couple of months without printing, it's possible that the ink may dry in the lines and ruin the printer. For people who use then 'once in a while', a laser printer might be a better choice.

If you decide to go with the printer I have, be sure to get the 252XL cartridges, as the color ones have twice the ink of the standard ink carts. I really like the triple wide black cartridge for this printer as it lasts quite a while. The printer does come with ink, so it'll get you off to a good start, but all four replacement XL cartridges will exceed the cost of the printers current sale price.

• Like 1

I did not know about the possibility of clogging the printer if not used for a while... That may be a deal breaker as far as ink jets are concerned since I rarely need color copies of anything other than the occasional manual. A wifi option is essential as I don't have room in my home library for another printer.

Let's see what I can find in the laser printer department. Thanks for tips :)

and maybe you want to forget about laserprinters in your house, because of the Ultra-Fine-Dust they exhaust.....

(and all these filters seems to be for Fine-Dust only, so they are somehow fake)

http://www.cnet.com/news/laser-printers-dont-emit-harmful-toner-dust-study-says/

But then, who really knows. The particulates emitted by the printers stay airborne for only a brief amount of time, so if one wants to be absolutely safe, we should leave the room while the printer is printing a job, or better yet have the printer in a separate room. I never rally paid attention to this issue before, so thank you for pointing it out.