IGNORED

TI-99 - DOCs, Manuals, eBooks, Lost & Found

Schmitzi

yes, exactly what I wanted to say: "who really knows"....

And that with "Ultra-Fine-Dust" just came up last year, here in Germany,

beside to the discussions we have to the diesel-cars "Fine-Dust-Pollution" (I try to translate:) )

diesel-cars are "locked out" from downtowns here, if they don´t have these "Fine-Dust"-filters,

and some scientist were loughing about now, because they say they do not prevent from/filter the Ultra-Fine-Dust :(

And they told the same for laserprinters, where you also can buy this paperfilters....

I really don´t know what to believe, so best way for me seems to assume the worst....

I have a colour inkjet similar (lesser model) to the one from Staples that Ω bought. I've been loyal to Epson ever since the days when one actually looked for an « Epson Compatible ». I'm sure we all remember when that would save you writing your own drivers, since most printing software like WordPerfect and WordStar would work right out of the box with an Epson)

Lately though I've not been happy with the build quality of the lower priced epson printers, and my current one eats ink for breakfast (If I were to print 1 copy of all of the manual posted in this thread I would easily go though my ink supplies at least once...black maybe a couple times. It's ridiculously expensive per page.

By the same token, a friend bought a $199 (CAD) cheap brother colour laser last year, prints on a regular basis, and has yet to replace any toner. It's faster (although the warm up time is slower), and has a much higher quality on plain ordinary paper (inkjets tend to prefer the more expensive « Bright-White » and treated papers for a good quality print.

My next printer will be a laser.

As far as the toner dust, I work in a small office surrounded by over a dozen laser printers for over 20 years and I'm still alive...At my (our?) age, if the fine dust has any serious health effects I'm way too old for it to be a concern.

I'll be dead long before the dust kills me!

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

this is another HORIZON RAMdisk manual I found in my stuff.

I don´t know if it is the "same as usual", so pls let me know if you know more.

I have this RAMdisk, it´s one of the cleanest builds I´ve ever seen, but I don´t know the version.

and sadly one capacitator "has gone" in a big bang, because of it´s age,.....

I think it´s HRD-3000

As there was no cover on the manual, I just took an old "page 1" from another doc, so pls do not wonder :)

It also seems to include the "usual" and well-known schematics at the end of the doc, but I scanned them, too.

have fun

smiddee :)

HORIZON-HRD-3000-RAMdisk-Manual-RMS-Grey4_OCR.pdf

My HRD 3000 (?)

post-41141-0-55051500-1458393931_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

I made a small Pinout for a special Mechatronic 80-col scart-cable. It came with my unit.

As I am having problems with the card at the moment, this cable is NOT confirmed yet,

(but highly assumed to be correct) :)

see the cable (with sound):

post-41141-0-51010700-1458399979_thumb.jpg

the document: Mechatronic-80col-SCART-CABLE-with-DIN6-plug-RMS02.pdf

a preview:

post-41141-0-05975400-1458399803_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am lucky that my GENMOD Geneve arrived with the GENMOD documentation nicely preserved on paper. I haven't found this online anywhere. WHTECH included.

Maybe someone with that super-power should drop this up there!

GENMOD.pdf <-- EDIT - kinder, smaller file by the grace of Omega. Same images, less disk space.

-M@

• Like 4

.I think it´s HRD-3000

It's an early HRD/HRD+ board built for 256k, without either a kill switch or the powerup circuitry modified per errata.

A bunch of the chip-select TTL glue is missing. Does this board work?

Edit: the schematic matches the build, but it's for a SRD-99 design from '85. This board can be turned into a HRD+ by adding 62256s to the empty RAM sockets and the appropriate CS glue per the HRD+ construction manual. Nice to see confirmation that my scheme of eliminating '154s for CS in favor of 138-and-04 combos was the original, pre-HRD design.

Edited by ckoba

C3 (the lowest of the three yellows) is a decoupling capacitor on the battery-backup circuit, according to the schematic.

Remove it (cut the wires with nail clippers) and see if the board works again. If it does, then all you need to do to fix this properly is to replace the cap. It's a 10-microfarad polarized tantalum; you can use an electrolytic as a replacement. Maybe a ten-cent part.

If it doesn't, then you might have lost the 7805. Those are cheap, too.

Point being, this would not be an expensive nor difficult repair ...

Edit: unplug the battery while you're at it, verify that it was wired in the right way, and leave it disconnected until this thing works on PEB power. One way to make a cap explode is to hook it into power the wrong way.

Edited by ckoba
  • Like 1

C3 (the lowest of the three yellows) is a decoupling capacitor on the battery-backup circuit, according to the schematic.

Remove it (cut the wires with nail clippers) and see if the board works again. If it does, then all you need to do to fix this properly is to replace the cap. It's a 10-microfarad polarized tantalum; you can use an electrolytic as a replacement. Maybe a ten-cent part.

If it doesn't, then you might have lost the 7805. Those are cheap, too.

Point being, this would not be an expensive nor difficult repair ...

Edit: unplug the battery while you're at it, verify that it was wired in the right way, and leave it disconnected until this thing works on PEB power. One way to make a cap explode is to hook it into power the wrong way.

Glad to see your okay ckoba, some of us were concerned about you.

Glad to see your okay ckoba, some of us were concerned about you.

You know ... you guys are all right.

In the past couple of days, I've had three AA forum members reach out to me to make sure we were okay. (We are -- we're an island away from where the quakes were; we had a minor jolt the day before but it did no damage except to our cats' calm)

I appreciate that more than you guys probably realize. Thank you. I actually caught a nasty summer cold a few days ago and haven't been feeling very social, so I took the weekend off from my usual AA snarkiness. I guess my timing could have been better.

Next time, I'll send out a gratuitous "we're okay" for things up to and including a Godzilla attack. And there will be a next time: mixing volatile plate tectonics and human settlement isn't the smartest civilization planning decision ever made.

• Like 4

Here are a couple of nice documents I found in my collection. I hope someone finds use for them. . .The Software Development System manual seems to be for a cartridge that I've never seen in the wild. The GROM isn't in my list of early TI GROM part numbers either, which is interesting.

GPL Debugger Operation Guide 1979-11-15 (Reduced).pdf

Software Development System Programmer's Guide 1979-11-06 (Reduced).pdf

• Like 5

Here are a couple of nice documents I found in my collection. I hope someone finds use for them. . .The Software Development System manual seems to be for a cartridge that I've never seen in the wild. The GROM isn't in my list of early TI GROM part numbers either, which is interesting.

"Lobeshymnen aus Wien!", Thank you very much for your effort in preserving these. Already reading in...

The Software Development System Programmer's Guide 1979-11-06 (Reduced).pdf contains a guide how to make a Basic program run from GROM space.

This is such a helpful document to achieve the goals i referred to in this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246757-decoding-basic-source-code-from-cartridge-binaries/

Web99 can already do the opposite with decoding such a created program. :)

Thanks again Ksarul!

• Like 3

I still have about a dozen other interesting documents that I need to scan in when I get some more free time. . .and I'm glad you liked that one, @kl99. I chose both of the documents in this group specifically for you when I realized I had some scan time this week, based on your earlier questions. :)

• Like 2