IGNORED

Having issues with consoles that were modded.. Help?

goldenpp72

Hey guys, I recently got a bunch of systems modded, most things seem to be turning out well but i'm wondering if i'm having issues on the user end here. The systems in particular i'm having issues with are the 2600 and 7800.

For both, they were stereo modded but for some reason a lot of the sound is missing or, incredibly quiet coming out of one channel. So things you'd normally here (like parts of frogger 2600s intro music or, the entire music of Phoenix) are not present.

Also for the video, the 2600 video is a bit splotchy with colors in areas you'd not expect, where as running them through the 7800 does not have this issue.

Lastly, the 7800 mod I had done has a toggle switch I think for image stability, but for 2600 games it turns them black and white. I had it set to color and it was working, but then it suddenly stopped working and now everything is black and white..

I'm wondering if i'm just doing something wrong on a user level? I was really excited to get down on some Phoenix today and it wasn't to be. I got in touch with the modder I worked with for advice but figured i'd ask here too just in case the users have experience/tips. Thanks!

I have found that with Comp video/audio mods ( 2600) , the results differ from TV to TV. The same TV's that have issues with the Comp Vid mods also have issues with running a flashback 2, for example. I have only modded mine with the simpler two resistor/ one transistor method.

I have no experience with the stereo mods...

Good luck

Also on the 7800 with the switch for the 2600 color. It sounds like a wire has come loose from either the switch or from off the mod board inside the 7800. Just so you know, that switch is present because the color signals from the 2600 TIA chip interfere with the 7800 graphics. So once that mod is in place, the interference shows up on 7800 games as diagonals noise lines across the screen. That switch cuts the 2600 color signal off and removes the interference. But as you also see, it makes 2600 games go black n white.

Does your junior have the stereo mod applied to it? I've read that some TVs have problems with the audio once they are broken out but as I haven't stereo modded any of my atari consoles, I haven't experience with it myself. In fact I while I do put both L and R audio outputs on my mods, they are wired for dual mono. However, my receiver automatically takes the audio from just the left as I recall and will still output to all the speakers anyway.