IGNORED

Bit.Trip - a love letter to the 2600

davyK

Any Nintendo Wii owners on here?

Those of you who still own a Wii might not be aware of a little series of games developed by a company called Gajin called Bit.Trip.

These are games that are by and large based on 2600 games - you will find tributes to Breakout, Cosmic Ark, Pitfall! and others delivered through gorgeous 2600-style visuals and sounds. The breakout style gameplay is supported by truly excellent paddle style control implemented via the Wii remote control and it feels just as good as a paddle.

I can't recommend this series enough. They can be downloaded individually via the WiiWare service but you would be better off getting hold of Bit.Trip Complete which has all of the games on one disc with some extras.

Here's a review I wrote a few years ago. Please don't think I am only doing this to promote a review or anything like that - It has really only just struck me to post here about it.

http://www.cubed3.com/review/1113/1/bittrip-complete-nintendo-wii.html

Edited by davyK

I bought the first one (Beat) on word of mouth. Liked it a lot but didnt buy any successive games. but I bought the series on disc with soundtrack when I found it for $15.

Unfortunately real life gets in the way of me playing very often, if at all. My 2nd grader got into Runner awhile back, but once he discovered Minecraft, that was it.