IGNORED

Revenge of the Apes Contest!

Albert

RevengeOfTheApes.jpgAtariAge and Retrodesign are making available the binary to the recently released Revenge of the Apes game, along with a contest in which the winner will receive a boxed copy of Snow White, RealSports Basketball, or Revenge of the Ape (winner's choice). This fully playable unreleased prototype, further enhanced by Thomas Jentzsch and Paul Slocum, has a secret easter egg! The first AtariAge member to discover the easter egg will receive one of the above games! You can download the binary as well as read through the manual here Good luck!

Update! Congratulations to MattyXB, who was the first to discover the hidden easter egg!

Hmm... I made it to a screen that says "you win" with a cool rendering of the Statue of Liberty! Not sure if it's an easter egg, but I like it.

That's not the easter egg, but it is a cool screen. This is one of the screens that Thomas Jentzsch added to the game, and it didn't appear in the original game! :)

..Al

The bin file won't read in Stella for Mac  :sad:

What happens when you try to use it? Does it simply not load correctly? I would think that Stella would automatically detect the game type (it's a standard 8K F8 bankswitching binary), but I've never used the Mac version.

..Al

The bin file won't read in Stella for Mac  :sad:

What happens when you try to use it? Does it simply not load correctly? I would think that Stella would automatically detect the game type (it's a standard 8K F8 bankswitching binary), but I've never used the Mac version.

..Al

I don't get anything but a plain black screen. I have the same problem with Garfield whenever I try to boot it.

I am having problems getting it to run in stella or z26? I get the title screen then my guy just sits there in one spot running...won't move...the keys make his legs move but he doesn't go anywhere? maybe just where this is a Win2k box...i dunno...going to try it on another computer later...

Mock

I don't get anything but a plain black screen.  I have the same problem with Garfield whenever I try to boot it.

I just tried it in StellaX on the PC and it doesn't on that either. However, it does run fine with the latest DOS version of Stella (which was released recently, version 1.3) and it also works fine with the latest z26 emulator. I think the Mac version of Stella is based on an even older version of Stella than the Windows version. :( I even tried creating a profile for the Stella.pro file and that didn't work. Not sure what advice I can give you. Are there any other decent 2600 emulators for the Mac?

..Al

I am having problems getting it to run in stella or z26? I get the title screen then my guy just sits there in one spot running...won't move...the keys make his legs move but he doesn't go anywhere? maybe just where this is a Win2k box...i dunno...going to try it on another computer later...

Try hitting reset (F1) to see if that helps.

..Al

Hmmm... :ponder:

I think this is too not the egg, only some bugs in the game. You can walk trough walls and pits and over the river. When you at the top, or left or right at the screen.

When you are at the top you can walk trough everything from the right to the left and other way. Only when you get catched by an ape (orangutans or gorillas), you will trown in the prison.

When you are at the right or left screen, you can walk down and up trough all walls and pits. When you are at the River you can cross it without loseing points, when you are right or left as possible. You walk over the water. :D

This work too by the old version a bit. Only at the left it work not by the old version from the ROM. So this is not the egg I think.

Yeah...looks like this contest's for PC users only  :sad:  

@Albert--AFAIK there isn't a better emulator for Mac.

I'm sorry, I had no idea the game wouldn't run in Stella on the Mac. I don't know what the game is doing that precludes it from running, maybe Thomas Jentzsch can offer his insight? It wasn't our intend to make a contest just for PC users..

I wish someone would update Stella for the Mac!

..Al

Archived