Photo

Snowed in, bored with what I had so I did this

3 replies to this topic

#1 7800fan OFFLINE  

7800fan

Quadrunner

• 5,606 posts

Posted Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 PM

First, I don't know if this would belong to dedicated systems or somewhere else but whatever moderator thinks is better.

A Simon clone, about 3 hours to solder and wire it up. No case yet and missing the sound though I didn't have a buzzer to steal but it works without the sound. LCD display the menu option for 1 or 2 players, speed, and limit to number of turns.  I also need to do something about power source, a 5v 4A bench supply is not light and portable :P  I'll probably get a 4 AA battery case and wire in a diode to drop from 6v to 5.3v for safe operation.

I got the instruction and code from http://www.instructa...ys-on-steroids/ I might try an empty Gameboy case for the board and LCD but I doubt the LCD fits and it's hard to find a smaller 16x2 display.

If anyone wants to do this but don't use Arduino IDE or have trouble compiling, here's a hex file for direct burning via AVR: https://www.dropbox....ll.cpp.hex?dl=0

#2 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

[EXPLETIVE DELETED]

• 15,453 posts

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:41 AM

Awesome!

#3 Garwor OFFLINE  

Garwor

Space Invader

• 29 posts

Posted Wed Apr 6, 2016 9:56 PM

Very cool, and thanks for posting your source material. I've been really intrigued by Arduino as a platform for electronic games for a while now. Actually doing something with that intrigue requires this super rare substance though, time. :P

#4 Jumpman1981 OFFLINE  

Jumpman1981

Chopper Commander

• 203 posts

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:30 AM

Sweet, You might be on to something with the selectable difficulty levels

EDIT: I just remembered that the original Simon had difficulty settings as well, still really cool though

Edited by Jumpman1981, Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:34 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users