IGNORED

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive High Score Club- Season 4: Round 1: Genesis 6 Pak

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Greetings everybody and welcome to the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive High Score Club League!! This is Season 4: Round 1.

This round we are leading off by playing a trifecta of Genesis classics from the Genesis 6 Pak cart.

This is the 36th Round of the Genesis/Mega Drive High Score Club on Atariage.

I will kick it off a couple days earlier rather than the Sunday February 14th date.

This round ends on Midnight Sunday February 21, 2016

Here is the three games from the Genesis 6-Pak that we will be playing this round.

Title: Sonic the Hedgehog

Developer: Sonic Team

Publisher: Sega

Released: June 23, 1991

Rules: Start at Green Hill Zone. 5 Bonus points if you beat the game collecting all of the Chaos Emeralds. 1 point bonus if you play the Master System or Game Gear version.

Record Score: 279,110 (Retrogamer81081)

Title: Columns

Developer: Sega

Released: June 29, 1990

Rules: Arcade Mode. Start at Easy (Level 0). 1 bonus point if you play the Master System or Game Gear Version.

Record Score: 6,050,473 (DonPedro)

Title: Streets of Rage

Developer: Sega

Released: September 1991

Rules: Normal Difficulty. 1 bonus point for playing the Master System or Game Gear Version.

Record Score: 524,700 (NIKON)

Scoring: The winner of this round will be the one who has the highest score accumulated in the 3 games combined. Your score in Sonic + Streets of Rage + Columns. And placing is determined from total accumulated scores. In addition to scoring if anyone beats the game's record score, they will receive a 5 point bonus as well.

High Score Club Rules:

The rules will be posted IN THIS THREAD ONLY. So I won't have to repeat it during each round.

Games are to be played by an authentic Sega Genesis/Mega Drive console, clone system, flashback console, or emulation.

Continues are not allowed. Game ends after a Game Over or completion of game.

You can post your score however many times is neccessary as long as it's between the round's timeframe from start to finish.

Cheats of any kind are NOT PERMITTED. No Cheat codes, Game Genies, Cartridge frying, or any other type of enhancer. Anybody caught cheating will be permanently BANNED from future participation in the league. Nobody likes a cheater.

You must play the game between during the time it's posted to when it ends to earn points during league play. However you can post scores after the event to challenge the top scores.

Scores must be presented between the round timeframe. No photographs of old scores or saved memory from an SD flash drive. Sorry I won't accept your Sonic the Hedgehog 2,000,000 point domination from 1992.

Point pressing/farming is discouraged.

Screenshots are encouraged but not required. Youtube videos of your performance is absolutley accepted.

Scoring for each round is this:

1st Place: 15 Points

2nd Place: 12 Points

3rd Place: 10 Points

4th Place: 8 Points

5th Place: 5 Points

6th Place: 3 Points

7th Place: 2 Points

8th Place and beyond: 1 Point

The High Score Club Moderator has the final say and reserves the right to accept and or reject any submitted score. I know there should be no problems as I know all of the participants are legit, very fair and , honest players. :)

The number 1 rule is..........

Let's have some fun!! :)

• Like 2

Thanks! Below is the video of the playthrough, if anyone is interested. I beat the game for the first time (I think)!

Looks like I need to play some Sonic and Columns to increase my score. :)

to beat those flipping girls you use the back move...that would be the jump and attack button at the same time...to land on your feet after being thrown the button combination is up and jump at the same time.

• Like 2

I think the first week of the Genesis High Score Club turned out to be a great hit so far! :grin:

I'm pleasantly surprised a lot participated. We still have the rest of today and all day tomorrow for those new to the challenge or to best your Round 1 scores. I mentioned you are all welcome for suggestions. And I will throw in a prize for the winner of the 12 round contest. In case scenario that I get the most points in the final standings it would go to the runner up.

Current Standings

1. Retrogamer81081 (795,001)

2. NIKON (761,450) +3 for Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Streets of Rage on SMS

3. chicgamer (523,600)

4. darthkur (243,216) +2 for Sonic and Columns on SMS/GG

5. jblenkle (99,775)

6. DonPedro (98,684)

7. LidLikesIntellivision (65,540)

8. roadrunner (30,000)

Retrogamer81081 will receive a guaranteed 5 point bonus for collecting all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic the Hedgehog. And if no one beats 279,110. Will get 5 points for new best score.

If no one tops NIKON's Streets of Rage score (524,700). He will receive a 5 point bonus for re-claiming the new highest score in Streets of Rage.

Chicgamer, roadrunner, and DonPedro.... You still have at least a game to play to boost your scores!! :)

Round 1 is now over!

Final Standings for Round 1

1. Retrogamer81081 (795,001)

2. NIKON (761,450) +3 for Columns, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Streets of Rage on SMS

3. chicgamer (523,600)

4. darthkur (243,216) +2 for Sonic and Columns on SMS/GG

5. jblenkle (99,775)

6. DonPedro (98,684)

7. LidLikesIntellivision (65,540)

8. roadrunner (30,000)

Retrogamer81081 will receive a guaranteed 5 point bonus for collecting all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic the Hedgehog. And will get 5 points for new best score of 279,110.

NIKON will receive a 5 point bonus for re-claiming the new highest score in Streets of Rage.

Top Scores for each Round 1 game:

Sonic the Hedgehog:

1. Retrogamer81081: 279,110

2. darthkur: 156,830

3. NIKON: 143,350

4. LidLikesIntellivision: 65,540

5. roadrunner: 30,000

6. jblenkle: 23,600

Streets of Rage:

1. NIKON: 524,700

2. gamerchic: 523,600

3. Retrogamer81081: 505,300

4. darthkur: 76,300

5. DonPedro: 68,600

6. jblenkle: 67,000

Columns:

1. DonPedro: 30,084

2. NIKON: 19,250

3. Retrogamer81081: 10,591

4. darthkur: 10,086

5. jblenkle: 9,175

Here are the standings after the innagural round.

1. Retrogamer81081: 25 Points (15+5+5)

2. NIKON: 20 Points (12+5+3)

3(t). chicgamer: 10 Points

3(t). darthkur: 10 Points (8+2)

5. jblenkle: 5 Points

6. DonPedro: 3 Points

7. LidLikesIntellivision: 2 Points

8. roadrunner: 1 Point

• Like 2