IGNORED

How to declare negative ints in Action! ?

Convoluted logic on my part. :) Probably Mr. Parker was so focused on getting the indirection and pointer thing right that it took priority over what should have been an obvious option with a 16k cart. It probably could be fixed if people can't tolerate the work around Kyle presented.

The indirection/pointer thing.

Proc Main()

Byte Right_Margin=82, My_Margin=[0]

;Right_Margin refers/points to memory location 82, My_Margin is a byte somewhere in memory whose location is decided by the cart and initialized to the value 0

Right_Margin=My_Margin

;Uses the pointer Right_Margin to store the value of My_Margin<0> in memory location 82

Return

So things like memory location -1 weren't really a priority to implement in declarations since it sort of doesn't exist other then by wrap. 16k [compiler, editor, runtime] space problem. Matter of fact, if you are a professor of computer science, you may have even left it out/made it an error on purpose. It is one of the reasons why I like Action since there is still a way to do what you want to do, you just have to be serious about it and really mean it!

• Like 1