IGNORED

POP Kiosk ?

ValkerieSilk

What's the actual question? It exists.

Well, I hadn't seen one in years ... The video is a bit odd too ... It also appears to be in incredibly good shape, and I guess I'm just wondering if there's anyone here that has seen this video (it's fairly new)? ... How much did it sell for? (he says they both sold) ... Anyone here buy these or know anything about this... so yeah, the first post is me being pretty much speechless ... ah ... because this is most definitely a Holy Grail.

Eh, the couch looks better in the garage anyway...

...and very cool you got to see it! ... Does anyone know how many were made and how many still exist?

Purely a guess but I would say there where many thousands back in 1982 when the ColecoVision was popular. After sales dropped these would have been much more likely to end up in dumpsters than a lot of other retail display items simply because they are HUGE and heavy. Plus add to the fact that back in 1983 or so there was not the collector mentality or dreams of getting rich selling stuff on Ebay either.

Purely a guess but I would say there where many thousands back in 1982 when the ColecoVision was popular.

I would say this is very true. I mean, just in my immediate area alone where I grew up I can remember three of them in local big box or mall anchor stores. So I'm assuming they were installed in every store they possibly could get them in across the country.

these would have been much more likely to end up in dumpsters simply because they are HUGE and heavy.

And this is also a sad reality. I can remember in my days of working in retail, we threw out into the dumpsters a lot of giant displays for various products that were no longer relevant. Sad...

I think I remember seeing them in ToyRUs in Redondo Beach back in the day, pretty vague memory though ...

There was one at the Toys R Us in Torrance near the Del Amo Mall and the Gemco in Carson for sure. So I'm sure there had to have been one in Redondo. Seriously, I feel like I saw these everywhere in that first year the system was launched. I believe Sears also had them, but I could be mistaken for another mall anchor store.

• Like 1

There was one at the Toys R Us in Torrance near the Del Amo Mall and the Gemco in Carson for sure. So I'm sure there had to have been one in Redondo. Seriously, I feel like I saw these everywhere in that first year the system was launched. I believe Sears also had them, but I could be mistaken for another mall anchor store.

Ya, I think I remember seeing one at the ToyRus on 190th and Hawthorne (remember that one over by the railroad tracks)... They moved south to Sepulveda and Hawthorne and are still there today across the street from Sears (also still there). I bought my first NES from that ToysRUS and the SNES from the same store. The last console I bought from that ToyRUS was the Wii. Yeah, that Sears over in Redondo had all the consoles setup just to the right when you walked in the front door (I don't remember the CV KIOSK there though), I used to stay there and play for hours while my Mom shopped. Good Times...

Would be nice to have cabinet specs/measurements too. Though a recreation has been done (sort of)

http://www.atarimuseum.com/articles/phillyclassic/kiosks/coleco/colecokiosk.html

I re-created the ''kickplate'' artwork (minus the Head to Head Football box)

I took some rough notes of measurements as well

Ugh..... maybe that would be a good time to share this afterall :)

• Like 2