IGNORED

HDMI N64 *coming soon*

Yurkie

This is an exciting new mod from user marshallh on assemblergames.com Here is a link to his website with some pics and info on the mod.

http://ultrahdmi.retroactive.be/

He is only selling these to installers not to individuals. I am going to be an installer when his new stock arrives in a couple weeks. I am offering this for $199 installed and free return shipping initially.

If your interested in having me install this new mod for you feel free to send me a message.

• Like 3

I was able to get one of these installed on the first batch and can say they are pretty awesome. Don't let the price fool you. Having the ability to simply plug in your N64 to an HDTV worry-free AND get all of the anti-aliasing taken off is head and shoulders better than anything that comes out of it natively. Yurkie has modded my Coleco and I can vouch for his work. Don't be afraid to sign up for this mod. It is worth the money.

Well I'm interested but probably not till late Fall at the earliest. I've got a launch day N64 so not sure if mine can be modded or not. I know there was some type of compatibility stuff going on with N64 modding awhile back.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 1

I bought the rgb modded Nes from Yurkie that uses a snes connector to rgb. Why can't I use that same adapter for my snes and n64? The n64 didn't recognize the video? What am I missing

NES and N64 don't have RGB built into them. That's why the NES needs the RGB mod. N64 also needs to be modded for RGB, but it's a bit more selective depending on which mod you do.

The only question I have is... I already have an RGB moded N64, but is the HDMI mod better?

• Like 1

NES and N64 don't have RGB built into them. That's why the NES needs the RGB mod. N64 also needs to be modded for RGB, but it's a bit more selective depending on which mod you do.

The only question I have is... I already have an RGB moded N64, but is the HDMI mod better?

From what I have seen HDMI is absolutely a step up from RGB for the N64. I will hopefully get one of these eventually :)

• Like 1

So then should I be able to use my rgb cable for my snes?

Correct. All of the Super Nintendos (minus the Mini) have RGB built into them. You simply use the cable with the proper setup (Framemeister / other RGB-enabling device), and you should be good.

From what I have seen HDMI is absolutely a step up from RGB for the N64. I will hopefully get one of these eventually :)

Gaaaaaaaaagggghhhhhrrrrrr!

I just bought my RGB N64 from Yurkie not too long ago... If it weren't for that, I'd totally be on board for the HDMI mod.

Considering my N64 doesn't see much use though, I'll probably skip this HDMI mod.

Edited by KeeperofLindblum
  • Like 1

My son has an N64 with an Everdrive so an investment in HDMI would be a great idea. I would definitely do this.

Is this an upgrade (I send you/exchange my console) or a purchase price (I buy one modded)?

$199 is if you send me your console. I am initially including return shipping via priority mail. Probably $250 + shipping if I sell these pre-modded.

Well I'm interested but probably not till late Fall at the earliest. I've got a launch day N64 so not sure if mine can be modded or not. I know there was some type of compatibility stuff going on with N64 modding awhile back.

The HDMI mod will work with all N64s. The HDMI mod also does not disable the analog output from working. So for example if you have an early model N64 with the RGB amp mod and add the HDMI you would have composite, svideo, RGB and HDMI.

If your using the framemeister I would say it is the same. The quality would be a bit better if your using one of the $50 china scalers to go from rgb to hdmi.

Is it just me, or does the picture still look terrible? I mean, it doesn't help the resolution much, and it's not like emulation where the polygons are crisp and clean. Maybe it's just me...

Still a cool mod, and I agree... a Saturn one would be on my wishlist.

Just like it is stated on the website, the backgrounds (textures) are blurry (N64 hardware is not powerful enough to make them sharp) on the N64 and the HDMI mod does not improved these. Foreground objects will looks razor sharp like the RGB does.

When using RGB-modded N64 through the Framemeister, it can hiccup when switching from 480i to 240p (for instance, Resident Evil 2 plays in 240p but the in-game menu is 480i). I would imagine this HDMI mod would remove that issue, but is that the case?

When using RGB-modded N64 through the Framemeister, it can hiccup when switching from 480i to 240p (for instance, Resident Evil 2 plays in 240p but the in-game menu is 480i). I would imagine this HDMI mod would remove that issue, but is that the case?

Since the mod takes the digital signal and outputs HDMI I don't see where there would be any "hiccup".

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...