IGNORED

PRGE - Portland Retro Gaming Expo - Oct 22,23 2016

Rev

I -finally- bought my tickets and reserved a room in the Crystal Ballroom Hotel. It is on the wrong side of the river from the convention center, but thd streetcars are very convenient. Also, the restaurant + McMenamins beer is awesome and I am around the corner from Blue Star Doughnuts (awesome artisinal doughnuts).

I don't even know if I'm going anymore....

If you don't we're all cancelling our trip to Portland and instead spending the money to fly to your house so we can all successively punch you in the balls. The choice is yours.

• Like 4

Posting in this topic so I don't forget about all about because I want to go to another one of these! I'll bring an extra suitcase this time--last time I came home with a Joyboard crammed in my carry-on. Love Portland, what a great town.

• Like 1

I don't even know if I'm going anymore....

How do you know that you're not doing something... over 7 months ahead of time??

If it's really good news (you got a job in some remote corner of the world that starts on Oct 1) or really bad news (you just found out that you have 3 months to live) then I apologize. Otherwise, stfu before I also punch you in the junk.

• Like 1

If you don't we're all cancelling our trip to Portland and instead spending the money to fly to your house so we can all successively punch you in the balls. The choice is yours.

At least Rev's house is within driving distance for me, getting off work to Portland is a much tougher nut to crack... pun intended.

Guest LiqMat

For convenience and your taste buds there is a very good breakfast place almost directly across the street from the convention center called The Citizen Baker and it is in the same building complex as Hotel Eastlund. Great place to stop in the morning so close by.

http://www.citizenbaker.com/

• 2 months later...

Sweeeeeeeeeet. Flight, hotel, car, and tickets just booked. There's still plenty of room at the DoubleTree, so we're gonna save a few bucks and walk a few more blocks.

Hotels seem less busy than last year, so hopefully that opens it up for more people. Not that it's cheap - the DT starts at $150, and the Eastlund (GREAT little botique hotel kitty corner to the Expo) starts at $195 - but come on. This is a crowd that spends $100 on a game, and usually 2 copies at that :P

If there's still room at the Inn as of today, it's definitely a lot quieter than last year. Book it up now, folks, before the cheap rooms disappear!

Oh, and before I forget - is there a designated homebrew sale table yet? With 45+ releases in October, we're gonna need some serious table space.

Sweeeeeeeeeet. Flight, hotel, car, and tickets just booked. There's still plenty of room at the DoubleTree, so we're gonna save a few bucks and walk a few more blocks.

Hotels seem less busy than last year, so hopefully that opens it up for more people. Not that it's cheap - the DT starts at $150, and the Eastlund (GREAT little botique hotel kitty corner to the Expo) starts at $195 - but come on. This is a crowd that spends $100 on a game, and usually 2 copies at that :P

If there's still room at the Inn as of today, it's definitely a lot quieter than last year. Book it up now, folks, before the cheap rooms disappear!

Oh, and before I forget - is there a designated homebrew sale table yet? With 45+ releases in October, we're gonna need some serious table space.

Glad to hear you're going. Maybe this year I should book my hotel

more than 3 or 4 days before the show. Lol.

Rev and I have booked 16 booths just to handle all of the PRGE exclusive releases :)

Oh and before I forget - tarzilla, make sure we book the same seats next to each other for both flights again, to ensure that we don't meet up. Again.

My friend is trying to talk me into driving down in his Jeep Cherokee so I won't have to ship all my PRGE exclusive releases

My friend is trying to talk me into driving down in his Jeep Cherokee so I won't have to ship all my PRGE exclusive releases

I'd be shipping them anyway. Have fun at the border if they discover a trunk full of brand new merchandise. Especially when it's like 30 releases x 50 copies each.

I am confirmed for a half booth at PRGE (11' X 5'). If anyone wants to sell their stuff there let me know. Even if you do not go, we can work out a way to sell your stuff anyway, I am driving.

I will have 1 console and 1 television.

Edited by SoulBuster