Photo

New 4MB RAM expansion

452 replies to this topic

#451 seastalker OFFLINE  

seastalker

Chopper Commander

• 163 posts

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Hi! Just wanted to add praise for Simius's Antonia 4MB board, and it's surprising added benefit to me. It tested well on one machine. Then, sheer joy!

I was gifted a 600XL with a bad ANTIC (CO21697), CPU Sally 6502C CO14806 and CO60472-D (Delay). EVEN when I replaced those from known working ones it was all bad still with odd black striped screen. ANTONIA+ spare ANTIC and Delay fixed everything in this case.  Some may be ONLY for the U1MB solution but in this case, ANTONIA is perfect. The price now also eats what I would have paid for a new Sally CPU, I now have an extra MMU, and after research of what else I can pull out RAM/Roms as spares! Plus, after screwing up what is said to be simple (64k ram upgrade), this ANTONIA also removes my need to but a soldering iron to the delicate board and the minor expense of 64k upgrade chips.

Huge thank you to Simius for this product!! Not only great for many A8s, it is PERFECT for the above story.

QUESTION:  My 600XL is fully socketed.  Which redundant ICs may I pull out and save for spares/another A8 that Antonia takes over for?

Edited by seastalker, Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 PM.

#452 benb123 OFFLINE  

benb123

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:36 PM

Hi Simius. I am interested in one to Western Australia. Please advise. Thanks.

#453 Simius OFFLINE  

Simius

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 510 posts

Posted Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:22 AM

PM sent

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users