IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - February 22nd 2016

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVision fans. :)

I actually don't have a lot of news to report today, but I believe what little I have to say deserves its own News Bulletin.

I have begun contacting people who pre-ordered the Team Pixelboy games being released this month, namely:

- Super Pac-Man

- Caos Begin

- Majikazo

- Knight Lore

- Mappy

- Rally-X

- Mecha-9

- Operation Wolf

Because I ran out of casings and screws, I was only able to assemble around 40 cartridges of each game (and also 40 Knightmare replacement cartridges) over the last couple of weeks. The good news is that I received new casings yesterday (thanks Toby!) and I received my order of screws in the mail this morning. All the boxes are glued and I have all the manuals I need, so I just need to assemble more cartridges to meet the immediate demand. My immediate goal is to clear the carts that are ready now before assembling more.

The bad news is that I'll be busy with different things (job-related and university-related) over the next 24 hours so I won't be able to reply to e-mails as quickly as usual. Most of the people who have already replied to the e-mail I sent them today will probably have to wait until Wednesday morning to get a reply from me. Sorry about that, but it can't be helped.

I'm currently giving priority to people who also bought homebrew ColecoVision games via my sales thread in the AtariAge Marketplace (in order to ship all the games together in the same shipping box) and then to people who fully paid for their games during the pre-order period. The rest will have to wait a little longer, but like I said, I have the casings and screws I need so it shouldn't be a very long wait, and I'll do my best to get all these games out the door ASAP.

For the time being, the production of new cartridge PCBs is frozen, and it will stay this way until I've honored all pending pre-orders. So any new order from this point on will be going to a waiting list. Opcode Games will be shipping the 200 SGMs of the second run in early March, and while it's very hard to estimate how much new business this will send my way, I expect to get at least a few new game orders in the coming weeks. We'll see. :)

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

• Like 12

Yes, I was hoping to purchase roms for some of the newer games that I missed out on.

they haven't sold roms in the past, usually if you want to wait for the rom then you have to wait until they sell out of the game and then they release them. So eventually the rom gets released you just have to wait a long time if you don't want a physical cart.

Yes, I was hoping to purchase roms for some of the newer games that I missed out on.

You should email Pixelboy. I was under the impression he still have inventory available of most of the newer games. (I could be wrong though, but asking is the best way to find out!) ;)

This is a quick update related to the first post of this thread.

So far I've processed the orders of roughly 40 people, and the last batch of packages for those were shipped earlier today.

I still have many more people to contact about their orders, and many more carts to assemble, but I have to put everything on hold for the next week or so to do a university assignment which is due on March 11th. It's not a particularly difficult assignment, but I get the feeling it's going to be very time-consuming nonetheless, so I'd rather clear my agenda to concentrate on it. I also have a friend's birthday coming up, a mid-term exam next week, and a few other "real life" things to take care of (like shoveling snow tomorrow morning... Ugh! I'm so sick of shoveling!).

But as soon as everything clears up on my short-term agenda, I will resume contacting people and processing orders. One piece of good news is that over the last few days, I raided several Staples stores and managed to buy all the shipping boxes I need. So that will be one less thing to worry about.

About the Knightmare recall, if this concerns you and I haven't contacted you yet about your pending pre-order(s), I will mention it in the e-mail I will send you. So just sit tight, everyone will get their replacement cartridge.

I thank you all for your continued patience. I hate to keep people waiting for any extended period of time, but personal matters need to take precedence.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Special update:

1) Yesterday, I contacted all the people who I hadn't contacted yet about their pre-orders. Many of them have already replied and I will be processing orders all day today.

2) From this point on, all new orders received will be going to a waiting list, and new copies of the games will be manufactured in the second half of April 2016. I'm thinking mostly of those who just received (or are about to receive) their second-run SGM. I'm sorry to keep those folks waiting, but homebrew production logistics are what they are.

3) I have unsold CIB copies of Track & Field and The Black Onyx (one copy of each) so send me a PM if you're interested in either of them.

I got Caos Begin, Majikazo, and Mecha-9 today.

I got to the ending of Majikazo and found out there was a catch to this game. Destroy every enemies you can. Turning the green monster generators to gray will establish that you have cleared all the enemies. I like the color coding element you could use against the enemies. Also, you have to keep 2 purple stars and not collect the 3rd one until you are faced against a Doppelganger. I believe the star could only kill this monster. I'm going to play it through again and see if I can be a better monster cleaner.

Mecha-9 is awesome. The shots feel like it got some punch into it. It was hard to destroy enemies in Mecha-8 with level 1 bullets. And the bullet time gauge bar was pretty cool. I got to level 4. I will play more tomorrow.

Caos Begin, I like this game. I didn't think I would like it and kinda hard to play the MSX version with the laptop keyboard. I do need to get a pass through to use both the genesis modded pad and Colecovision controller. And I can stop swapping controllers risking breaking the IC thingy. I am not sure if the 2nd controller is mapped or not. I was able to access the item menu. And managed to get the Rusty key and the Seal until I died. And the game came with overlay which is pretty cool.

It is really cool to have original MSX game made by developers who made these game for the contest to port them over to the Colecovision console.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just defeated Caos Begins today.

This thing helped a lot.

Unknown-1_zps9vieoyj0.jpeg

This game is probably one of the greatest I've played. On any system.

I'd post gameplay pics, but all of them would contain spoilers. : P

I had to buy Genesis modded Colecovision controller with a pass through to use the number pad on the joypad to play Caos Begin. I really need to play more of that game and eventually beat it.

• Like 1

The game could have used an alternate controller scheme select at the title screen.

In a perfect world it would have had a Super Action Controller set up.

Yellow button to attack

Red button to jump

Purple button to use magic fireball

Blue button for weapon select menu

Keypad # whatever for key pass menu

I might do another run through with a standard controller.

I'm really enjoying what the MSX developers bring to the CV.