15 members have voted

1. 1. Play Atari

• Draconus
    • River Raid
    • Moon Patrol
    • Screaming Wings
    • Fort Apocalypse

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This time it's JK40001's five games in the poll, and they're all great! 1 platformer and 4 shooters :thumbsup:

If you missed rounds 1-3 just post any late scores and join right in.

If you've not added your 5 favourites to the games list then please do so. Poll closes shortly after round 3 finishes :)

More info on the games may be found on atarimania. Any questions just post :)

1. Draconus

draconus.png

HSC Rating: U

XEX

INFO

Gruppenfuhrer WOLF - 15/09/2010 "Draconus was simply amazing! One of the best games for Atari."

Sytlish platformer that I've not played much but it highly regarded - I think you can transform between two characters each with different abilities.

2. River Raid

river_raid.png

HSC Rating: 10

XEX

We all know this one! Superb!

3. Moon Patrol

moon_patrol.png

HSC Rating: 9

XEX - version with fixed sounds and background colour (idea by Raster, fix by Fandal)

And this one - played 4 times in the HSC - a bit easy for top players and doesn't get harder after 2nd play through as far as I remember. Great fun though!

4. Screaming Wings

screaming_wings.png

HSC Rating: U

XEX

Another great scrolling shooter - can get a bit easy if you play it too much but it's been a long time :)

5. Fort Apocalypse

fort_apocalypse.png

HSC Rating: 8

XEX

Cavern exploration in a helicopter! What could possibly go wrong?! Top players will have Gravity on ;)

• Like 2

Lots of great games this round. Voted for something I have not played to exhaustion as a teenager. A bit disappointed to see River Raid that high up. It's a great game, no question, but imho lacks that "exploration" aspect, wanting to see what comes next. Fort Apocalypse has plenty of that, only it ends much too early.

Lots of great games this round. Voted for something I have not played to exhaustion as a teenager. A bit disappointed to see River Raid that high up. It's a great game, no question, but imho lacks that "exploration" aspect, wanting to see what comes next. Fort Apocalypse has plenty of that, only it ends much too early.

Yes Fort Apocalypse you just get into it and it's over - try Creature XL's recent game Heli in the Caves - quite hard but you can make progress. RR won the poll but I will leave the topic unlocked for now :)

We'll have some of the runner up games in a future poll. Anyone can still add their 5 picks to the games list :)