Photo

What is your retro computing most "irrational want?"

227 replies to this topic

#226 x=usr(1536) OFFLINE  

x=usr(1536)

Stargunner

• 1,114 posts

Posted Today, 10:22 AM

I wound up getting a unicorn on accident, so I'm not actively wanting any more unobtanium. icon_wink.gif

https://imgur.com/gallery/WCO1sIZ

-Thom

Ooooh.  That's some prime fap material right there :D

#227 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• 3,225 posts

Posted Today, 10:24 AM

Ooooh.  That's some prime fap material right there :D

That is a special TEMPEST GRiDCASE model that was designed for classified information processing. Was the last model to have the thin film electroluminescent display, and was not sold commercially, but only to the US Govt (and specifically to select departments). By most counts there are about 5 of these left in the whole world, less than 50 were made. (standard procedure was to destroy upon decommission, this one survives because only the tempest hard drive caddy was removed...a replacement disk was bolted directly to chassis to get it working again.)

-Thom

Edited by tschak909, Today, 10:25 AM.

#228 x=usr(1536) OFFLINE  

x=usr(1536)

Stargunner

• 1,114 posts

Posted Today, 10:25 AM

That is a special TEMPEST GRiDCASE model that was designed for classified information processing. Was the last model to have the thin film electroluminescent display, and was not sold commercially, but only to the US Govt (and specifically to select departments).

-Thom

Yep.  That's what makes it so fapworthy :D

Somewhere I have a Newton MP130 that was government-issue.  I'll need to dig that out next time I'm near where it is; it has some unusual modifications.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users