music audio tracker sequencer

106 replies to this topic

#101 JAC! OFFLINE  

JAC!

Stargunner

• 1,813 posts
  • Always looking for GFX and MSX for my demos

Posted Mon Oct 1, 2018 3:18 PM

Today I had a chat with a musician and he told me that TIATracker is great, but since there is no "export to .bin" he can't see how to use it. So here's a small archive with all required files, so you can create the .bin with a single click in Windows with MADS.

1) Extract the archive into a folder

2) Export the tune as via "File/Export complete player to MADS" as "Test" into this folder.
3) Run the test.bat to compile it into a .BIN file which can be executed directly in Stella.

Attached Files

#102 Muddyfunster OFFLINE  

Muddyfunster

Moonsweeper

• 285 posts

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:31 PM

I tried this out today, it's really neat.

I would love it if one of the output options was something like a data statement that could be pulled into a bB music engine rather than just assembly. Something like VCF + D for each note.

Guess I can wish :)

#103 mksmith ONLINE  

mksmith

Star Raider

• 68 posts

Posted Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:11 AM

Very impressive! So can this be implemented into batari Basic as is?

#104 mksmith ONLINE  

mksmith

Star Raider

• 68 posts

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:10 PM

Well to my absolute shock and amazement I've managed to get this working with batari Basic!  :-D  :-D  :-D 

Been fumbling around over the past few days trying various ways such as including the asm files directly, creating like a titlescreen kernel etc. Then remembering with Darrell Spice's sfx player you had to register some variables I played around and it started. 

I'll post up the code in the batari Basic forum once I clean it up.

#105 Muddyfunster OFFLINE  

Muddyfunster

Moonsweeper

• 285 posts

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:30 PM

Well to my absolute shock and amazement I've managed to get this working with batari Basic!  :-D  :-D  :-D

Been fumbling around over the past few days trying various ways such as including the asm files directly, creating like a titlescreen kernel etc. Then remembering with Darrell Spice's sfx player you had to register some variables I played around and it started. 

I'll post up the code in the batari Basic forum once I clean it up.

Jesus Mary and Joseph!

I can't wait to see this!

#106 mksmith ONLINE  

mksmith

Star Raider

• 68 posts

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:16 PM

@Muddyfunster 

Just doing a quick tidy-up with example and instructions.  Is actually a reasonably easy process as the module does most of the work but you need to add bB variables (once) to your game and remove the corresponding assembly variables from the track (each new track dump) manually.

Edited by mksmith, Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:17 PM.

#107 mksmith ONLINE  

mksmith

Star Raider

• 68 posts

Posted Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 PM

I've posted the module here in the batari Basic forum.

Thanks to Kylearan for a great program - hopefully a few more people can get cracking on some music for the VCS. I got no idea but hoping I can learn.

Edited by mksmith, Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, audio, tracker, sequencer

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users