IGNORED

For Sale: U17 PLAnkton (C64 PLA replacement)

e5frog

Put some gold in your C64!

Updated 2017-04-20

After five successful batches of over 700 units and not a single failure or incompatibility I thought I'd advertise here as well.

Me and Francois have made a PLA (906114-01 or 251064-01) replacement based on the XC9536XL, using the well known PLA equations with some know-how and extensive testing we came up with a C64 PLA replacement similar in timing as the original Commodore chip, similar voltage levels and similar response. Result was a working PLA replacement for all known kinds of C64 boards (yes the C64 Reloaded as well).

There are simpler PLA replacements that hasn't taken into account the proper timings and voltage levels - which makes some hardware not work even if they have the proper logic output.

This once does!

Current draw is a lot lower (only 20mA), it will not run hot so it will reduce load on your PSU as well as keep the heat down inside your C64.

Pins are a thin round gold plated type that won't harm your original PLA socket.

Original Xilinx chips are bought from DigiKey - no counterfeit chips.

post-10242-0-27584700-1499771251_thumb.jpg

Now selling for $15.50 or EUR14 each plus shipping.

Plus shipping (US$7 for North America, same shipping price up to 20 units, Europe €8, rest of the World US$9)

20% discount applies to all orders of 5 units or more and a 25% discount applies to all orders for 10 units or more.

10% discount on small orders (less than 5 units) when purchasing one or more TOLB (8701 replacement).

To order, please e-mail: eslapion@videotron.ca

You can also send a PM but it might take a bit longer: eslapion

For anyone enjoying their breadbin or likes to tinker with C64 finds - a spare PLA is a neat thing to have - as it's a very common part to break in a C64.

So, why not put some more gold in your C64?

Questions are welcome in the thread, PM or e-mail (see above).

Edited by e5frog
  • Like 2

Would buy when I get some money. I got one with blown PLA and I'd like to keep my SX working for a few more years without having to take it apart. And replace the good one in my breadbin 64.

Fortunately the later white C64C with the 64 pin memory manager that has built in PLA and other support are better designed and less likely to fail.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sizzling summer special!

Get PLAnkton at it's older price for the summer: 14 Euros or 15.50$US per unit
Add one or more TOLB to your order and get 10% discount on that special price, that's 12.60 Euros or 13.95$US per unit!

Shipping remains the same price. This offer expires Sept.20th 2017

Also, customers ordering 10 units or more get a 25% discount. Customers ordering 5 units or more get a 20% discount. TOLB discount does not apply to these quantity discounts.

-----

900 units sold as of June 23rd