Thanks a ton, guys! Your feedback has been really encouraging! I have a ton of news now.
I have another update based on my conversations with Albert, v1.5.2. Here's what's new:
- The environment now changes color depending on the speed
- High score screen now says "Game Over"
- Fixed a bug with Speed Freak mode that only happened on real consoles, not in Stella
- PAL version now plays sound effects at the correct speed, making it essentially identical to the NTSC version in all aspects
- Playing on the lowest speed only lasts half the time it did, to make retries less painful
The new versions are attached to this post, and also to the first post.
What I could really use now is some help with testing! Especially looking for differences in how the game plays on actual hardware compared to Stella. If anyone is willing to try it both emulated and on an actual console and compare the two, that would be very helpful!
Additionally, I have part of the manual complete! Take a look:
Finally, I am running a label design contest! The winner will receive a free copy of the game, their artwork featured on the label and manual, and their name in the credits! For more information, click here: http://atariage.com/...-label-contest/
Thanks for the support and help, everyone!
Drive! v1.5.2 NTSC.bin 4KB
Drive! v1.5.2 PAL.bin 4KB
Edited by Lumi, Mon May 30, 2016 5:03 PM.