IGNORED

ColecoVision/ADAM 28th Convention Registration

adamcon

The time has come, arrangements are falling into place, and an announcement must be made. The ADAM NEWS NETWORK announces ADAMCON 28 for the Coleco community will be held July 14-17, 2016 in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Registration form is available at http://ann.hollowdreams.com and has details including hotel location, etc and pricing for those who attend. CHECK IT OUT!!! We have unitl June 15th to lock in our registrations with the hotel.

Damn, I sure wish life was good enough to me to let me go.

Any chance of someone filming this year? I've enjoyed the bits that people have put up on Youtube in the past.

Thanks, Bob...for everything that you do. Wish we could meet in person.

-Don

I wish I could make it to finally meet some of the people of this community but it's right smack in the middle of when we are traveling this summer, and thousands of miles away! How many people do you usually have for this annual meeting? I think it's fantastic it's been going on for 28 years!

• 2 months later...

PM sent, Bob. ;)

This is a reminder to all out there in cyberspace. ADAM ColecoVision convention # 28 is in registration mode as we speak. Geulph, Ontario, Canada from July 14-17. Deadline for room count is Jun 15th and we have a limited # of rooms reserved for our use. IF you want to come, I need to know and see if we can pre-reserve some more rooms. Details & pricing at ............ http:ann.hollowdreams.com

• 1 year later...

A dumb question... as a Canadian, I was wondering can I just show up and pay admission at the door? I am primarily a TI 99 user but I do have an Adam sitting in the basement unused for a number of years. I'm just curious enough to want to go and checkout the community and see what the 9918 VDP chip is capable of.

...Steve

A dumb question... as a Canadian, I was wondering can I just show up and pay admission at the door? I am primarily a TI 99 user but I do have an Adam sitting in the basement unused for a number of years. I'm just curious enough to want to go and checkout the community and see what the 9918 VDP chip is capable of.

...Steve

You just show up and ask for Bob. Once you meet Bob, you can pay him for admission. It's all very informal.

And by the way, Adamcon 29 will actually be held between July 20th and 23rd.

At least I hope so... That's what's written in the registration form! :P

You just show up and ask for Bob. Once you meet Bob, you can pay him for admission. It's all very informal.

And by the way, Adamcon 29 will actually be held between July 20th and 23rd.

At least I hope so... That's what's written in the registration form! :P

My bad!!!!!!!! I miss quoted the dates in the original post, PixelBoy is CORRECT on the dates

Looking at the registration form for the convention, I'm guessing that one of the conference rooms in the Hampton Inn is the venue for the convention. Just want someone to confirm for me. Thanks for your help.

Steve

Looking at the registration form for the convention, I'm guessing that one of the conference rooms in the Hampton Inn is the venue for the convention. Just want someone to confirm for me. Thanks for your help.

Steve

EXACTLY Steve, you should be able to find us easily when you come to the front desk. I have not personally been there, but do not anticipate anything hidden or secretive.

EXACTLY Steve, you should be able to find us easily when you come to the front desk. I have not personally been there, but do not anticipate anything hidden or secretive.

Yeah, but at the same time, casual visitors to AdamCon shouldn't expect any kind of sign in the lobby that promotes the convention. It's actually very low-key. You'll probably have to ask the front desk at the hotel.

Also, anyone who plans to attend needs to know that Friday July 21st will be the traditional "out" day, where the gang who paid full price for their attendance gets to go on a special outing for most of the day. So if you show up at the hotel during the morning or afternoon of July 21st, you probably won't see anyone involved with Adamcon. It's better to come on Saturday or Sunday.

I'll ask again, like I do every year. Please, PLEASE, will someone record as much as possible and put it on YouTube. I'd love to go, but once again it is too far away and I can't afford it.

Very much appreciated!

In the past, Dale, Dr D or others have had live feeds, and maybe some videos..............will have to holler at someone and see if we can get some footage this year

Yeah, but at the same time, casual visitors to AdamCon shouldn't expect any kind of sign in the lobby that promotes the convention. It's actually very low-key. You'll probably have to ask the front desk at the hotel.

Also, anyone who plans to attend needs to know that Friday July 21st will be the traditional "out" day, where the gang who paid full price for their attendance gets to go on a special outing for most of the day. So if you show up at the hotel during the morning or afternoon of July 21st, you probably won't see anyone involved with Adamcon. It's better to come on Saturday or Sunday.

So as a casual visitor, when is the best time to drop in? I was planning to go on the Saturday morning but I could switch that to Sunday morning if it were a better choice.

Steve

PS. I recently purchased an ADAM floppy drive on ebay... still have to verify if my ADAM system is running. I do not have a lot of software for the ADAM but there definitely is some curiousity there on my part. A fellow PC club member in my area has a copy of the system ROM disassembly document, which I have scanned to go through at a late date. Unfortunately some of the pages were copied incorrectly and half of the content of those pages are missing (perhaps 10-20 pages).

So as a casual visitor, when is the best time to drop in? I was planning to go on the Saturday morning but I could switch that to Sunday morning if it were a better choice.

The schedule of the various presentations is usually written down at the very last minute (sometimes even the very last second, and I'm hardly exaggerating) but from past experience, I can say the presentations usually start around 9 AM, so I recommend 10 AM if you want to drop by in the morning. That goes for both Saturday and Sunday.

PS. I recently purchased an ADAM floppy drive on ebay... still have to verify if my ADAM system is running. I do not have a lot of software for the ADAM but there definitely is some curiousity there on my part. A fellow PC club member in my area has a copy of the system ROM disassembly document, which I have scanned to go through at a late date. Unfortunately some of the pages were copied incorrectly and half of the content of those pages are missing (perhaps 10-20 pages).

One of the "usual suspects" at AdamCon will probably be able to help you with such documents. :)