IGNORED

Sega Game Gear Repair or other systems.

GamegearGuy

Hello all, if you have a game gear in need of repair you are in the right place, or any other system you know.

I like to offer my services to great people out there and today I have a deal for all of you.

My capictor replacement service for the Sega Nomad and Sega Game gear are as follows: $25 (covers costs of caps and labor)

My LCD screen replacement mods vary on the system, I would more and likely order a screen from Mcwill since I heard they are very good so if you need the mod, let me know and I'll confirm how much it will be plus labor.

Button replacement and screen cover replacement are around $15

If you want me to do everything possible to fix a game gear, let me know and we can work out a deal to cover everything, also remember I still have some caps left over, some buttons and working boards so for a few weeks while supplies last cost is lower than usual.

If you have another system in need of repair or modding, let me know the name of the system and what mod you wish to have put it. We can discuss price, shipping details, payment, and even the system itself haha. Anywho, I can't wait to work on your systems, 100% no risk guarantee, I will put these repaired systems under warranty for a month, if something screws up send it back and I'll fix it shipping and repairs paid by me.

You all have a good day and thanks for considering my services, and reading about them to.

You have a point, unfortuanly I only have a few references because I haven't been doing this long. I started about 6 months ago and business has been slow, but I'll have them contact you about it if you would like.

Something you should know about McWills mod, is that it's quite difficult. I learned that the hard way when I accidentally fried one of his screens, and had to buy the customer a replacement at my own expense. Anyways, what I did to first gain from rep from the community was - I offered to do two console mods for free just for the feedback.

Another thing you'll want to note, is that the best way of notifying people that your offering service, is to just put a link to where ever you're offering them in your signature :) I hope everything goes well for you :)

Edited by SwampFox56

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@soulmonger I'll have to see I'm not 100% sure since I have never worked on one before, but I'm assuming they would come with the sega gensis caps

@cowdog360

Believe it or not, I don't consider recapping tedious work. I find it fun, I usually spend the time that I need wasted on repairs and caps fo m wher I get them are about $10. Mortoff game, so far I haven't had a problem and their audio caps are amazing, so I don't charge as much because I enjoy my work and if I enjoy it might as well let my customers enjoy the savings. That and $15 is a lot for an unemployed person for myself considering I'm a live at home teen anyway, so no bills or anything like that helps with the proces

• Like 1

Awesome! I think you'll do well, and it is great experience. I'll start stocking more McWill screens in soon in the US as well (my first batch sold fast).

Also, I put together this cart at Digikey. These are the caps I've been using for game gears.. Nichicon caps and Pansonic SMD's for the audio. They work out to about $5 per set. http://www.digikey.com/short/38f427

Awesome! I think you'll do well, and it is great experience. I'll start stocking more McWill screens in soon in the US as well (my first batch sold fast).

Also, I put together this cart at Digikey. These are the caps I've been using for game gears.. Nichicon caps and Pansonic SMD's for the audio. They work out to about $5 per set. http://www.digikey.com/short/38f427

yes nichicon and panasonics are the way to go, hell anything with a datasheet available is better than most of the ebay cap kits containing jimmycon floor sweepings bought in a plastic shopping bag, 99 cents for a billion

• 3 months later...