IGNORED

Gyruss for the Intellivision?

• 1 month later...

That Dino Yachaya has ripped off my deep zone without permission or proper credits, boxed it and now tries to sell it at 150 euros to collectors.

The whole thing is a huge fraud. It is not casual he is advertising the game on Facebook only. He was trying to avoid comparisons with the origin game from this site...

Edited by artrag
  • Like 1

Things are worst than they seemed. I've had by accident a video of his Gyruss game, having seen what he has done, now I have clear the full extent of the scamming and of the fraud he is making to the home brew market.

I wouldn't ever accepted this speculation neither for a share of the 50%

This is his (!?!) Gyruss

https://drive.google...G5XAhPDMDEvZpox

This is a video of an early build of Deep Zone (December 2017)

Tell me what is he selling in your opinion ? (at 150 euros!!)

Shameless scammers like this can only destroy the home brew market....

Things are worst than they seemed. I've had by accident a video of his Gyruss game, having seen what he has done, now I have clear the full extent of the scamming and of the fraud he is making to the home brew market.

I wouldn't ever accepted this speculation neither for a share of the 50%

This is his (!?!) Gyruss

https://drive.google...G5XAhPDMDEvZpox

This is a video of an early build of Deep Zone (December 2017)

Tell me what is he selling in your opinion ? (at 150 euros!!)

Shameless scammers like this can only destroy the home brew market....

I would like to understand because Dino made his video in Novembre 2017 so before Deep Zone ?

By the way, maybe Dino thought the source code was in the public domain ? I mean, free to use ?

I know Dino is a collector. I sold him some games and it's a nice guy. So, I can say I am surprised by the situation and I am sure you could find a solution with him. The best way is to find a good solution for everyone. Keep in mind we are here because we love Intellivision. We are not here to fight but just to have fun.

As you can understand, I would like to find a fair solution for everyone.

(PS : my English is not perfect, my apologies to everyone)

Edited by scalpel

I would like to understand because Dino made his video in Novembre 2017 so before Deep Zone ?

By the way, maybe Dino thought the source code was in the public domain ? I mean, free to use ?

I know Dino is a collector. I sold him some games and it's a nice guy. So, I can say I am surprised by the situation and I am sure you could find a solution with him. The best way is to find a good solution for everyone. Keep in mind we are here because we love Intellivision. We are not here to fight but just to have fun.

Deep Zone has been in development for a couple of years, and I believe Arturo has shared his source from the beginning. He was just showing a comparison to an earlier build and as you can see, the game is identical.

I do not know how this could be accidental: when you take someone else's work and remove attribution and try to gain from it, you are doing a very conscious thing. Like someone else said, the fact that he felt compelled to take from one forum and sell in another, and that he has been very secretive about the entire endeavor, is very telling.

-dZ.

P.S. Your English is great. :)

Edited by DZ-Jay

Deep Zone has been in development for a couple of years, and I believe Arturo has shared his source from the beginning. He was just showing a comparison to an earlier build and as you can see, the game is identical.

I do not know how this could be accidental: when you take someone else's work and remove attribution and try to gain from it, you are doing a very conscious thing. Like someone else said, the fact that he felt compelled to take from one forum and sell in another, and that he has been very secretive about the entire endeavor, is very telling.

-dZ.

P.S. Your English is great. :)

In November 2017, Dino told me about his projet (and asked me to keep it secret and I did). In November, I told him to go to AtariAge Forum and to share with the programers. He replied me he has not an account yet. So, where he found the code source ?

So, where is the solution ? Someone has the final gameplay video ?

P.S. : Thanks ;)

In November 2017, Dino told me about his projet (and asked me to keep it secret and I did). In November, I told him to go to AtariAge Forum and to share with the programers. He replied me he has not an account yet. So, where he found the code source ?

Let's get some things clear:

First if Dino has lied about taking the game without attribution, then the rest of his account is suspect, so he could have had an undisclosed AA account, or some friend has it.

However, it does not matter, because second, you do not need an AtariAge account to view public forums. As a matter of fact, I have just confirmed that, using a different computer, I was able to visit the Deep Zone thread and download the ROM and source without ever logging into AA.

So, where is the solution ? Someone has the final gameplay video ?

The solution to this situation? Simple: to repudiate his behaviour and ostracize him from any communities on which he has tried to spread his business.

I believe artrag posted some video taken from the Gyruss game a few posts back, and it is identical to Deep Zone, except with a different title screen and music.

Everything posted on Atariage is copyright to the person that created and posted it. That includes code, source code, and most comments that each of us posts. They are not public domain unless it explicitly says so.

There can be implied permissions. For example, artrag posts a rom file. If I download a copy and play it, he can't sue me for having an unauthorized copy because that permission is implied. Similarly if Dz-jay posts some code in response to someone's technical question; it might be implied that we all have permission to use that code in our projects. When posting your project, with or without source code, it might not be a bad idea to include a license. I'm not saying there is implied permissions without a license, only that it might not be a bad idea. It still won't stop someone determined to make a cartridge.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1