IGNORED

RETROPIA (interdimensional space shooter)

WAVE 1 GAMES

high%20rez%20promo%20art_zpsmg6qpu7i.png

12799283_892778450819557_522933217930998

Hi folks!

This is my indie game I have been working on for the last couple of months now. The gameplay will be based strongly off Robotron 2084, however I will incorporate elements from other classic arcade games. Here's the story, RETROPIA is an inter dimensional space shooter in the game play style of Starfox 64 but with a graphics style reminiscent of 1980's science fiction. A race of inter dimensional beings have invaded our realm and it's up to you to purge our world of these invaders! You will have to meet them in the dimensional plane that separates our realm from theirs. This realm is known as Retropia. Using your state of the art Hawk-DX fighter you can travel in between dimensional planes and even drift from one position in space time to another at the push of a button! This game is being made for Windows PC and Android devices.

I joined the Atari Forums because as a former owner of the 2600, 7800, Jaguar and Lynx I have always been a fan of Atari and classic games. I also figured if I'm going to be making a retro style game, what better place to get feedback? I really want to mold this into something special! Click the video link below to see RETROPIA in action, and please feel free to give any feedback! Thanks in advance guys :)

Latest Video Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrb8t9VKb0

Retropia on Gamejolt --------> http://gamejolt.com/games/retropia/125647

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 3

Alpha Demo Released!!!!!
Download here
http://gamejolt.com/games/retropia/125647

Controls:
Arrow Keys = Move Ship
Spacebar = Shoot Lasers
V Key = Hyperspace/Vortex Maneuver
N Key = Skip to next realm
R Key = Restart demo (in game only)
F4 = Exit/Restore Fullscreen
Esc key = Quit game

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

• 3 weeks later...

It runs on my Windows XP home 32bit system. Sounds and graphics appear to run as they should.

However I cannot control it or fire. Almost none of the button controls respond. I can initially fire or move in one direction. After that there is nothing. The game is oblivious to me banging away on the controls. The keyboard works fine. Tested after playing.

I don't know if this is a 64bit build having problems on a 32bit system but usually 64bit builds won't play at all. So I don't know what is going on really.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

It runs on my Windows XP home 32bit system. Sounds and graphics appear to run as they should.

However I cannot control it or fire. Almost none of the button controls respond. I can initially fire or move in one direction. After that there is nothing. The game is oblivious to me banging away on the controls. The keyboard works fine. Tested after playing.

I don't know if this is a 64bit build having problems on a 32bit system but usually 64bit builds won't play at all. So I don't know what is going on really.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

That is really really odd. It seems like maybe it an XP compatibility issue but im not sure. Can you do me a favor? Can you download JOY2KEYS and set up a USB controller and see if it responds to your input then? The only reason I am asking is the last 2 people who played it said the controls were spot on, but it sounds like you are having a technical issue i wasnt aware of because it should not start moving and then just become unresponsive. Thats not cool and needs to be fixed. If its running at full speed like you say and still not responsive that is also very strange. Let me know what you find and thank you Edited by Jeffrey_Bones