IGNORED

Flash ROM Cart

ralphb

Kynar is the very durable resin sheathing of wire-wrap wire. The name is a trademark that appears on the wire spool and has come to be used by some (many?) as the name for the wire itself.

...lee

Oh, gotcha! Kind of like how people generically refer to any brand of tissue paper as Kleenex. :rolling:

• Like 3

Ok guys,

i worked on some latest details on the Labels and ready to be Printed and Used now :)

so, here sharing:

1) FR99 Label for TI Standard Shell

post-24673-0-73459500-1465566205_thumb.jpg

2) FR99 Label for the ROMOX Shell

post-24673-0-26995400-1465566562_thumb.jpg

Hope you like :)

If you have any suggestions them will be Welcome.

Pictures of the final result are in this ##Post##.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 6

Well, no, you (and others) don't need the fix. Your system seemed to cope just fine, at least with your current configuration. Some controllers seem to be more tolerant than others.

On the other hand, you may consider this fix for your peace of mind. It may also speed up disk access, as I could imagine that some WE signals are missed and retried, but this is pure speculation on my part.

In your particular case I can do the fix for you when we do the DSDD disk thingy. :)

For others who absolutely have no one who can solder nearby I offer the following: If you got the cart from me, send me your cart at your cost and I'll fix it and send it back at my cost.

Or send it to me in the US and I'll mail it back for $5 postage or if you buy something else from arcadeshopper I'll just put it in no additonal cost

• Like 3

Having this fixed is pretty awesome. Having it broken for a while was also awesome, it opened my eyes to possibilities I wouldn't have looked at, had they not been temporarily necessary.

One of the benefits of this cartridge, is how easy it is to play on real iron with hex-edited roms. :) I really only use my floppy disks when I have had to. So now a barrier has been opened up that I feel much more comfortable changing those DSK1. to HDX1. or DSK.DISKNAME.FILE to HDX1.DIRNAME.FILE...

Anyway, what I am trying to say is: Thanks Ralph!

-M@

• Like 2

I'm actually working on that. . .though I use urethane rubber, not plaster. It is one the type of projects I reserve for the summer time, as the weather is hot enough to make my casting apparatus work very well.

+1 I hope I was quick enough to make it to the top of your list! :D

• Like 1

I'm actually working on that. . .though I use urethane rubber, not plaster. It is one the type of projects I reserve for the summer time, as the weather is hot enough to make my casting apparatus work very well.

If you produce any, please put me down for one! two actually.

Darryl

I got my card yesterday. Not having much luck with it so far. I got Defender to run, but any other carts don't load or are corrupted after loading (for example, when I tried Donkey Kong, it seemed to load okay, but when I start a game, I get two Donkey Kongs on screen and no Mario, or if you prefer,Jumpman :) ). I've tried a 32 GB and a 16 GB card, but had the same issue with both. I have a new, smaller SD card on the way, though, just in case it is an SD card issue.

If anyone has any ideas about what I may be doing wrong, feel free to pass those along.

I got my card yesterday. Not having much luck with it so far. I got Defender to run, but any other carts don't load or are corrupted after loading (for example, when I tried Donkey Kong, it seemed to load okay, but when I start a game, I get two Donkey Kongs on screen and no Mario, or if you prefer,Jumpman :) ). I've tried a 32 GB and a 16 GB card, but had the same issue with both. I have a new, smaller SD card on the way, though, just in case it is an SD card issue.

If anyone has any ideas about what I may be doing wrong, feel free to pass those along.

Have you tried the bank test tool posted earlier? It'll tell you if the reading/writing to all 32K is working ok. Sounds a little like corruption.

It might also be that you're using the inverted 16K/32K images, which need to be un-inverted. :)

Yeah, I think I have a lot of reading to do to troubleshoot this. :) I looked on the FlashROM 99 page and have been following this thread off-and-on (recent discussion has been beyond me). My new SD card arrives tomorrow, and while I'm almost certain that isn't the issue, it's where I'm going to start.

I personally have trouble with just my cartridge port and ROM carts. Maintaining good contacts has been elusive to me. The flashrom99 cart is longer and doesn't have support, which makes it very very finicky for me, and subject to being disturbed while playing games.

-M@

I personally have trouble with just my cartridge port and ROM carts. Maintaining good contacts has been elusive to me. The flashrom99 cart is longer and doesn't have support, which makes it very very finicky for me, and subject to being disturbed while playing games.

-M@

I have considered putting rubber feet on the bottom of mine as I figured they would give it more support for pressing the reset button as well lessen the load on the port.

• Like 2

Ksarul to the rescue! :thumbsup:

As he pointed out, I goofed up when I copied the bank switch circuitry from the multi-cart in that I connected the capacitor to the wrong end of the resistor. :dunce:

attachicon.gifbankswitch.png

When I rewire the capacitor correctly, the disk test works just fine on my "bad" system, and response time seems improved overall.

And even better, it requires only a small modification to existing boards:

attachicon.giffix.jpg

Just wanted to get this out. I'll add a more detailed description about the fix soon.

Thanks again, Ksarul, for saving my ass! :grin:

I haven't soldered anything since my junior high electronics class, this should be fun.

• Like 1

I got my card yesterday. Not having much luck with it so far. I got Defender to run, but any other carts don't load or are corrupted after loading ... I have a new, smaller SD card on the way, though, just in case it is an SD card issue.

Sorry to hear that.

Your SD seems to work just fine. If that were the issue you'd get the Red Blinking of Death (or whatever your color of LED is).

The first thing to do is try the Bank Test: banktest.bin

Then we'll see from there. (My first guess is that you're using bad images -- see here for a collection of good ones.)

I would like to know when the next OSHpark order for v2 boards is going to happen. I would like to go in with you and get a couple boards. Also I'd like to know if the parts list changed. I believe I downloaded it when it was posted last time. I am going to try my hand at building my own this time. But I would like the purple boards. :-)

Darryl