IGNORED

Best Games Similar to Age of Empires

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings is one of my favorite real-time strategy games of all time. Ironically, I haven't played many RTS titles in a long time (I'm playing most of my games on consoles nowadays,) but that doesn't mean that I don't intend to go back to see what I missed. I wrote a list of ten of the best games that are similar to Age of Empires and despite some exceptions (like Anno and Banished,) these are all classic games. So what did I miss? And more importantly, what are some of your favorite real-time strategy games? Can you recommend me an RTS I can play on a console? Thanks in advance!

Top 10: Games Like Age of Empires

post-45416-0-69661900-1458508630_thumb.jpg

Supreme commander is my favorite RTS. It's got a campaign, several skirmish maps, a tech tree, and some strange outcomes at times (i.e. you shoot a missile straight down towards a factory, and it lands on an air unit above the factory.). If you like RTSs and Sci-Fi, this if your game.

Another game similar to Age of Empires, is Rise of Nations. It's like playing risk with every battle in Age of Empires.

Supreme Commander is on the Xbox 360 as well as PC, though I think the PC version is better. As for Rise of Nations, that's only on PC.

Oh, and both of these games have an expansion pack as well. At least for the PC.