IGNORED

Altirra & SIDE2 & U1MB

Draugr

I dug out my 600XL and XEGS yesterday and find out that I have to send both my U1MB boards to Lotharek to be updated as they apparently have very old firmware or chip data. My SIDE2 cart was not allowing me to mount .atr files. Anyhow, so now that I am without a working physical system, I turned to emulation until my boards will return to me. I have a few questions that I hope some of you might be able to answer.

I am using Altirra 2.70 64-bit

I'd like to know how I can use Altirra to emulate the U1MB and SIDE2 features so that Altirra emulates my physical setups that I had before dismantling the U1MB boards to ship to Lotharek. Is this possible? I already copied over all the data on my CF card that is in my SIDE2 cart and have it on my local PC.

If anyone can let me know how I can setup Altirra to emulate the U1MB and SIDE2 loader, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

Edited by Draugr

To emulate these devices in Altirra, you need to have firmware images for the U1MB and SIDE2 devices. The most recent versions of the firmware are available from the SDX project page (for the SIDE2 cart) and from FJC's "Alternate U1MB BIOS" thread from the U1MB. Download them and put them in an easy-to-find folder. Then in Altirra, go to the Firmware settings and add the firmware files you just downloaded. Once you've done that, go to the Devices menu and add a SIDE2 cart. Once you've added the SIDE2, select it, click Add and add in the hard drive. You will have to create an image file, then format it, copy over your data, etc.

• 6 months later...

To emulate these devices in Altirra, you need to have firmware images for the U1MB and SIDE2 devices. The most recent versions of the firmware are available from the SDX project page (for the SIDE2 cart) and from FJC's "Alternate U1MB BIOS" thread from the U1MB. Download them and put them in an easy-to-find folder. Then in Altirra, go to the Firmware settings and add the firmware files you just downloaded. Once you've done that, go to the Devices menu and add a SIDE2 cart. Once you've added the SIDE2, select it, click Add and add in the hard drive. You will have to create an image file, then format it, copy over your data, etc.

Ok I added the firmware images for both U1MB and SIDE2 in Altirra, then what i'm supposed to do? I have a prepared CF card to use as hard disk for SIDE 2... Thanks in advance.

Ok I added the firmware images for both U1MB and SIDE2 in Altirra, then what i'm supposed to do? I have a prepared CF card to use as hard disk for SIDE 2... Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you're not terribly familiar with all this. Probably best to post in the dedicated Altirra thread so someone with their emulator open in front of them as they write can step you through the process:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/256683-altirra-280-released/page-4

• Like 1