IGNORED

Dragster: The Duel

neotokeo2001

I will be releasing a very limited number of Dragster:The Duel cartridges for the Atari 2600. There is room on the stock car to have either two letters or two numbers. What should the cars have? (They will be the same for both lanes). Or should they be left blank?

post-3832-0-62768100-1458594626_thumb.png

post-3832-0-63653800-1458594654_thumb.png

post-3832-0-09200800-1458594655_thumb.png

Here a screenshot of the original Dragster for comparison:

post-3832-0-99330800-1458594669_thumb.png

Dragster was the first video game developed by Activision for the Atari 2600 console, and released in 1980. Designed and programmed by David Crane. The object of the game is to either beat the player's opponent across the screen, or to race against the clock for best time. Dragster is an unauthorized adaptation of the 1977 Kee Games coin-op, Drag Race.

The world record on Dragster is currently held by video gamer Todd Rogers with a time of 5.51, yes it is possible.

Dragster: The Duel is an update of the original game.

There are four game options now. They are:
1. Dragster versus Dragster
2. Stock versus Dragster
3. Dragster versus Stock
4. Stock versus Stock

The game is also compatible with NTSC and PAL. The Color - B/W switch chooses between the two options.

The Difficulty A/B switch chooses between straight and steerable Dragsters.

There is now a simple text only title screen.

There are several graphic display changes too numerous to list.

This is all being done in only 4k of memory.

Id throw in a Ford Pinto or Chrysler K-Car for the other dragster to give it that 'retro' look :)

Maybe the Dale Earnhart #3 ;)

Came in to say #3 for Dale Earnhardt.

They don't use letters on stock cars don't know why that was even considered.

I realize this is just a game, but IRL stock cars don't drag race against top fuel dragsters. Why not make them two stock cars racing against each other: #3 (Dale Earnhardt) vs. #43 (Richard Petty). Make the #3 car black and #43 car blue.

Came in to say #3 for Dale Earnhardt.

They don't use letters on stock cars don't know why that was even considered.

I realize this is just a game, but IRL stock cars don't drag race against top fuel dragsters. Why not make them two stock cars racing against each other: #3 (Dale Earnhardt) vs. #43 (Richard Petty). Make the #3 car black and #43 car blue.

Not too worried about having it be real life accurate. I like the look of the Stock cars and originally that is all the player could have and could only choose red or blue. Nukey Shay added the option to be either the rail car or stock and I thought it was really cool to be able to choose. With the game options you can choose to have any combination of the two cars in the race.

Keep the 01 and turn the game into a Dukes of Hazard remix! Make the dragster into a cop car, and have Cooter and the Duke boys drag it out. Who will be the king of Hazard? Only YOU can decide.

And surely have Daisy and Boss Hog in the title screen.