IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

I received my Lynx SD cart a few weeks ago, but I was waiting to receive my Lynx II back from the McWill LCD installation (and Best Electronics speaker upgrade) service that McWill was nice enough to provide. The combination of the McWill LCD and Lynx SD cart is just amazing; it's everything I could have hoped for.

Obviously emulators have been around for years, but getting a chance to play unreleased Lynx games like Raiden on actual hardware with a MUCH better display is incredible. I've been having a ton of fun with my "new" Lynx, especially now that I can use AA batteries at a more reasonable clip (when I was a kid, I almost always played my Lynx on AC power or used the D cell battery pack).

Big thanks to both SainT and McWill for revitalizing my Lynx!

• Like 3

Please add me to your order list. I would like to order 1 cased & 1 uncased. Thanks. {As an aside - I feel like it is 11 AM at the Amusement Park and I just now discovered that awesome new roller coaster everyone's been talking about.} - But having read all that has gone into this on the original thread, let me reiterate the sentiments of others -THANK YOU!!!

• Like 1

I've been having a few issues with my SD cart, and just wondering if there were any suggestions.

The first issue was that I have occasionally received an INSERT GAME message that would not go away. Given that the SD cart has brand new connectors, it seems obvious that the connectors on that side don't need cleaning (and furthermore, I've gotten this message in between sessions when I haven't removed the SD cart). And on my Lynx itself, I can throw in my 25-year-old game cards and they boot right up. So I'm inclined to think that it's something else... which brings me to my next point.

The SD cart has locked up several times while loading the menu. At one point I had to wipe the micro SD card and re-copy all the files back over, because the LynxSD simply would not boot past the "Menu v1.8 reading..." screen. Is this a known issue?

I've been having a few issues with my SD cart, and just wondering if there were any suggestions.

The first issue was that I have occasionally received an INSERT GAME message that would not go away. Given that the SD cart has brand new connectors, it seems obvious that the connectors on that side don't need cleaning (and furthermore, I've gotten this message in between sessions when I haven't removed the SD cart). And on my Lynx itself, I can throw in my 25-year-old game cards and they boot right up. So I'm inclined to think that it's something else... which brings me to my next point.

The SD cart has locked up several times while loading the menu. At one point I had to wipe the micro SD card and re-copy all the files back over, because the LynxSD simply would not boot past the "Menu v1.8 reading..." screen. Is this a known issue?

Sounds like an intermittent hardware issue to me if you have no other issues with your Lynx and other games. I can send out a replacement if you return the cart -- just drop me a PM if you'd like to do this.

All cart are fully tested prior to packing and posting, but some do occasionally arrive with faults. :(

I have not been successful in getting past the insert game menu. I have several actual games that all work ok. Im going to take the lynx apart and try to clean the contacts on the console itself to see if that will help any. Any other helpful hints out there?

I have not been successful in getting past the insert game menu. I have several actual games that all work ok. Im going to take the lynx apart and try to clean the contacts on the console itself to see if that will help any. Any other helpful hints out there?

I would also be interested if anyone has advice on this. I see plenty of talk about how to clean carts but not the internal contacts. Is there a good way?

Sounds like an intermittent hardware issue to me if you have no other issues with your Lynx and other games. I can send out a replacement if you return the cart -- just drop me a PM if you'd like to do this.

All cart are fully tested prior to packing and posting, but some do occasionally arrive with faults. :(

I'm going to try replacing the microSD card with another 2GB card I have as a first step. If I still get errors, I'll PM you.