IGNORED

Pinball making a comeback at Harrisburg league

VectorGamer

Wow what a great time last night.

Compete on 4 pinball machines. Players are split into 4 groups of 3-4 people according to skill level. They asked me what my skill level was I said "low" so they put me in the lowest group.

There are 6 points up for grabs for each game for a 3 player group (which I was in - some groups had 4 players). The leader gets 4 points if his/her score is better than the two other players combined (I am told scoring is different for 4 player groups) with 2nd getting 2 points and last 0 points otherwise top player gets 3 points, 2nd 2 points and 3rd 1 point. Then they award additional points for combined points scored on all 4 machines at the end of the night.

I was able to score 4 points on The Rolling Stones for a score of 5 million while the other two players scored 1 million and change each.

The top player in my group scored 17 total points, I scored 12 and the other person had 1 point for the night.

Players are promoted and relegated between groups based on their performance. I will be competing in the lowest group again next week.

I met a guy last night that used to manage an arcade here in Harrisburg back in the 70s and 80s called Supercade. So we got to talking about arcade life BITD and pinball shows of modern day.

I had a great time and look forward to next week. I'm glad that there is something like this in Harrisburg cuz I'm tired of traveling an hour or more to play arcade games and pinball.

Machines played last night: The Walking Dead, The Rollng Stones, Star Trek and White Water

Here's my player page

post-22552-0-25679100-1459432642_thumb.jpg

post-22552-0-01813200-1459432643_thumb.jpg

Nice! Glad you had fun. We run the same format here and use the same league software.

The Stones is one of Stern's toughest games. I own the machine and despite being good at the game, will often have sub-5 mil games. Those scores at your league don't surprise me, it can be brutal.

Walking Dead can be extremely unforgiving as well.

*edit.. huh, that stones looks really familiar. It looks a lot like my old Pro model (I have a LE model now) with the lollipop rails, mirror blades and how the LEDs are done. Tournament button as well. Could just be coincidence, but I sold it to a guy up your way--I wonder if it's the same machine. Are there any chips on the lower front part of the cabinet? I am really curious now.

Edited by Austin

• 2 weeks later...