IGNORED

OPCODE GAMES announces: IntelliXpander - Castlevania & Goonies! RESERVE NOW

Rev

Any early estimates on a cost? I want to start saving today!

Not sure if Grazi would be too happy if I answer that, but I can always blame you I guess so...

For the IntelliXpander (still getting used to the name, it was decided today actually with the help of some of the members here, thanks guys!), we are estimating around $150, mainly because the case is fairly large, and because of the tech is actually more involved than the SGM. But in the end it will also depend heavily on demand. Games should be the same as our current ColecoVision offerings, $50 each with nice boxes and such... oh, those boxes...

• Like 5

Not sure if Grazi would be too happy if I answer that, but I can always blame you I guess so...

For the IntelliXpander (still getting used to the name, it was decided today actually with the help of some of the members here, thanks guys!), we are estimating around $150, mainly because the case is fairly large, and because of the tech is actually more involved than the SGM. But in the end it will also depend heavily on demand. Games should be the same as our current ColecoVision offerings, $50 each with nice boxes and such... oh, those boxes...

That's less than I was expecting and a really good price for the games as well. :)

Can't wait to see those boxes! :)

I smell an April Fools joke, guys. While it is possible to completely bypass the video on an Inty II and a modded Inty 1, it wouldn't really be Intellivision. That said, I think it might be possible to accomplish the same effect on an UN-modded Inty 1, though the signal sent to the Ext. Video pin would have to be different and the STIC would have to be told to always display black.

Just give me plenty of warning so I can put the money away.

Then again, I do wonder, if so much is being added, is it really an Intellivision any more?

Can the same be said for the Colecovision Super Game Module? IDK, probably.

Its kinda like the SEGA Genesis/32X stuff isnt it?

We will still presumably use our Intellivision Console, Controllers, and it will use Intellivision cartridges.

• Like 1

If you really wanted to mess with people here you guys would produce one in the Intellivision II style/colors as well :-D

If you really wanted to mess with people here you guys would produce one in the Intellivision II style/colors as well :-D

Or just sell the box, with or without a module. :lol:

Seriously, if you bypass the CPU and STIC to feed "improved graphics" directly into the video signal, why do you need the Intellvision at all?

dZ.

Sounds overly complicated with minimal benefit. Why not just run a Pi with USB input and hook up one of the many adapter for the Flashback controllers (or any controller)?

Not everyone can do the Pi without help. I had to have my done for me. Finally learned how to load a rom. But I have a controller and sound issue. And need to send it back to the kind person that helped my dumbass out.

The IntelliXpander is simple plug and play I'm sure. No modding, no programming. No loading roms. To a non-programmer/tech guy this is the way to go. Most tech guys forget that I imagine.

Being an electrician, I myself an constantly surprised when people ask me to the simplest task. Such as change a plug or fan. Similar concept to me.

• Like 1

Not everyone can do the Pi without help. I had to have my done for me. Finally learned how to load a rom. But I have a controller and sound issue. And need to send it back to the kind person that helped my dumbass out.

The IntelliXpander is simple plug and play I'm sure. No modding, no programming. No loading roms. To a non-programmer/tech guy this is the way to go. Most tech guys forget that I imagine.

Being an electrician, I myself an constantly surprised when people ask me to the simplest task. Such as change a plug or fan. Similar concept to me.

No, I meant making a self-contained device. As it stands, if it plugs into the Intellivision just for the controllers, then just add controllers to the device itself. It's not like it's an Intellivision...