IGNORED

OPCODE GAMES announces: IntelliXpander - Castlevania & Goonies! RESERVE NOW

Rev

I wonder what system that Monaco GP is running on? That is not the arcade version. Best I could find with a quick search.

It is probably this: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=134445.0

Which I've played around with in the past. From memory, it required a more powerful computer than what I had running in MAME

• Like 1

It looks more like the Monaco GP remake Sega made for Playstation or Saturn.

Unbelievably, the Monaco GP arcade game does not have a microprocessor. It's implemented with dedicated circuits, aka TTL. Therefore Mame doesn't emulate it yet.

• Like 1

I would prefer to avoid direct arcade ports for now, but I love the idea of an overhead view racer.

I also need a shooter, and an adventure game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monaco GP isn't really your traditional arcade port though. Mostly because of what mr_me shared above. It can't be emulated in MAME (or won't be). That link I added was someone's unique re-creation of the game for Linux and Windows, and it hasn't been updated in years. That would give a new version some measure of exclusivity on something like the Intelliexpander.

The closest home version of the game that I have ever really enjoyed playing is Lemans by Commodore. Hyperchase for the Vectrex is also pretty fun. Super Pro Lemans or Super Pro Monaco GP for the IntellieXpander would be pretty cool.

Monaco GP isn't really your traditional arcade port though. Mostly because of what mr_me shared above. It can't be emulated in MAME (or won't be). That link I added was someone's unique re-creation of the game for Linux and Windows, and it hasn't been updated in years. That would give a new version some measure of exclusivity on something like the Intelliexpander.

The closest home version of the game that I have ever really enjoyed playing is Lemans by Commodore. Hyperchase for the Vectrex is also pretty fun. Super Pro Lemans or Super Pro Monaco GP for the IntellieXpander would be pretty cool.

Sounds good. I would like to keep games mostly Atari era bound in terms of gameplay, which means open ended score focused games, short in nature, things that would have been possible circa 1984/85. Not the 8 stages and get to the end template that came later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, Monaco GP was from 1979, so a home version in 1984 would be plausible ;)

Yeah, I had Lemans on the C=64. I think it was my very first cart for the system. Thankfully I had 2600 paddles around to play it!

I only had 4 carts for the C=64. Lemans, 007 , the Final Cart III and Super Snapshot IV. And thousand of games on disk! How slow was that 1541 drive. But the Final Cart and Super Snapshot speed it up a bunch!

Wow, how time has gone by. Great memories of the Golden Age of Gaming!

• Like 1