River Patroller

• 4,334 posts
  • Traveler in time

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:13 PM

Brickyard - 590

100_1437.JPG

Clowns - 254

100_1438.JPG

I'd love to be able to have more fun with these but the paddle portion to my controllers are so jittery that games that use them are pretty much unplayable.

#27 nd2003grad ONLINE  

nd2003grad

Moonsweeper

• 329 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:13 PM

That's pretty good for unplayable!!!!  Have you done the WD-40 potetiator trick?  Worked wonders for mine.

#28 ranger_lennier OFFLINE  

ranger_lennier

Chopper Commander

• 145 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:15 PM

Brickyard: 310

brickyard.png

Clowns: 217

clowns.png

Brick 'N The Wall: 458

wall.jpg

#29 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,450 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:59 PM

Round 5 ended yesterday, April 17, 2016. There were five qualifying entries for the high score contest.

Final Tables

Brickyard

1st  BallyAlley     1,369  5 pts
2nd  nd2003grad     1,018  4 pts
3rd  darthkur         590  3 pts

4th  ranger_lennier   310  2 pts
5th  roadrunner       290  1 pt

Clowns

1st  nd2003grad       580  5 pts
2nd  BallyAlley       552  4 pts
3rd  roadrunner       343  3 pts

4th  darthkur         254  2 pts
5th  ranger_lennier   217  1 pts

"Brick 'N The Wall"

Every player who played the BASIC bonus game gets a point. BallyAlley (that's me) earned an extra point for scoring the highest on this little diverting game.

1st  BallyAlley     1,822  2 pts $ (Bonus point for highest score)
2nd  nd2003grad       470  1 pt
3rd  ranger_lennier   458  1 pt

Total points awarded this round:

Note that the first point on a row is for the Brickyard score, and the second point on a row is for the score on Clowns.

BallyAlley       5 + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11 pts  #$
nd2003grad       4 + 5 + 1     = 10 pts  #
darthkur         3 + 2         =  5 pts

ranger_lennier   2 + 1 + 1     =  4 pts  #
roadrunner       1 + 3         =  4 pts

Bonus Points Key:

Note that I have not awarded any bonus points for "Highest Level Reached." I noticed that in the initial post for this round's rules, I failed to say for which game the "Highest Level" point would have been awarded (though, at the time, I had Brickyard in mind). Since the high score and the highest level reached go hand-in-hand, awarding a bonus point for reaching the "highest" level is basically just like re-awarding a point for earning the highest score.

Clowns/Brickyard

! - Beating 1,722 Points in "Brickyard" on professional (No Point Awarded)

"Brick 'N The Wall" (Bonus Points):

# - Playing "Brick 'N The Wall"
$ - "Brick 'N The Wall" High Score
% - Video of "Brick 'N The Wall" (No Point Awarded)

Please, check your scores. ;)

Congratulations to Round 5's winner, BallyAlley!
(Should I congratulate myself like that?  It feels kind of weird to talk about myself in the third-person.)

The next round we're going to try our first third-party cartridge game: Mazeman.  This one is hardly ever mentioned, which is partially why I have picked it.  Another influence for the choice of Mazeman was that I ran across a review of it last week and I posted it to BallyAlley.com.  I realize that not everyone has this game cartridge (it's extremely rare), but it is available on (I think) all of the Astrocade multicarts.  If you don't have a multicart, then you can always play it under Astrocade emulation in MAME.

The official start of Round 6 will be announced tomorrow, but feel free to start wandering your way through the twelve mazes that make up the world of Mazeman.

Edited by ballyalley, Tue May 3, 2016 4:20 PM.

#30 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,450 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 PM

Just wanted to say I hope you guys are enjoying playing and well done to BallyAlley for getting this HSC up and running  :thumbsup:  I hadn't heard of this system but it looks fun and I might keep an eye out for game ideas for the Atari 8-bit :)

Thanks, TRBB-- that means a lot coming from you (after all, I've modeled this HSC after the Atari 8-Bit one that you run).  If a game sound interesting to you, then you can play it in the Astrocade emulator included in MAME.  It would be pretty cool to play the same (or similar) Astrocade and Atari 8-Bit game during the same HSC round.

#31 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,450 posts

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:00 PM

Round 6 of the Astrocade High Score Club has begun with "Mazeman."  Come and wander the Astrocade maze with the rest of us:

http://atariage.com/...ound-6-mazeman/

See ya there!

Adam

#32 ranger_lennier OFFLINE  

ranger_lennier

Chopper Commander

• 145 posts

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:14 PM

I should have 4 points total, not 6 points. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said anything. |:)

#33 ballyalley OFFLINE  

ballyalley

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,450 posts

Posted Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:00 PM

I should have 4 points total, not 6 points. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have said anything. | :)

Fixed it.  Thanks for pointing that out.  If I'd used the calculator built into the Astrocade for that extremely difficult math, then there wouldn't have been an error.

Adam

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users