IGNORED

Robotron 2084

marlowe221

I recently got a 7800 and a handful of games. One of them is Robotron 2084 - cool game, but awkward to play with two joysticks!

What's the best way to play this game from a controller perspective?

I actually thought I might take a couple of Sega Genesis controllers and use them with a thumb on each d-pad but I am open to other suggestions.

One option not yet mentioned...

Its surprisingly fun to play Robotron with two people controlling one player. So one person "drives" while the other fires, each with their own controller. My bride and I play like that and consistently rack up higher scores than either of us can doing both functions, even using a SuperTwin.

Its amazing how quickly we fall into a teamwork mode that requires very little verbal "go left!" type communication.

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool! Very nifty and elegant solution!

I think that pic is from Best Electronics. Or B&C. I forget.

Atari Inc should've released a 2600 version of it - although the 8-bit version obviously will work, but, hey, Marketing 101 - since Raiders of the Lost Ark could've used it. Same with Crazy Climber had they enabled dual joystick mode. Shame it's apparently not thick plastic like say that 3rd Party single CX40 cradle/stand.