IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Week 13 = Venture

JacobZu7zu7

I've never participated in any high score club before, but when I noticed a few people in the 2016 Classic Gaming Tracker thread mention that Venture was being played in the 2600 high score club this week I knew I just had to give it a try. Venture is by far my all time favorite game on both the Atari 2600 and ColecoVision, so I couldn't miss out on an excuse to play it again for the umpteenth time.

I played four games of Venture tonight on B/B difficulty and my second came out the best with score of 19,500. :)

RL7ADYn.jpg

• Like 6

13,500 B/B

post-46307-0-61794600-1460933925_thumb.png

7,400 A/A

post-46307-0-06949300-1460933950_thumb.png

I just found this HSC and am excited to play (when I can) and try some new games! I just got back into playing old Atari games on emulators, and I'm hooked! I had never played Venture until today, and it was a lot of fun learning a new game. It took me forever to crack 10K, but I did it!

Thanks for managing this club! I'm really looking forward to playing!

• Like 5

Welcome to the 2600 HSC, Jin!........And nice score!!

Thanks! I don't know if I'll participate more after this week or not, since I know I'm not the type of person who should play for high scores. If I go into a game trying to get a high score I usually end up just getting angry and frustrated and don't enjoy my time playing it, which is pretty much what's been happening today with my repeated attempts to top my last high score in Venture. Playing for high scores has a way of quickly making me hate games that I normally love. I guess I just don't have the temperament for it. :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks! I don't know if I'll participate more after this week or not, since I know I'm not the type of person who should play for high scores. If I go into a game trying to get a high score I usually end up just getting angry and frustrated and don't enjoy my time playing it, which is pretty much what's been happening today with my repeated attempts to top my last high score in Venture. Playing for high scores has a way of quickly making me hate games that I normally love. I guess I just don't have the temperament for it. :lol:

Welcome, yeah sometimes its frustrating trying to beat a personal best or if you take it seriously enough and someone knocks you off the podium :-D However i usually dont take it too serious to the point of raging out, if i feel that rage coming on i put down the controller and accept my PB until the next game. Also i mainly only play as a "side" gig, stress relief type deal.

Having said all that and along the lines of how you mentioned "Playing for high scores has a way of quickly making me hate games that I normally love" HSC can also be contrary to that statement as many games you would never consider playing become new favorites ;)

• Like 3