as promised in the old thread, I´ve make 20 pieces of Sys-Check V2.2 ready. The board is a ready-to-use external device, no need to solder.
Sys-Check V2.2 can be used with every XL (with PBI, so all models except the 1200 XL) and XE (which have an ECI). The XEGS and same rare 65XE/800XE models without ECI can´t used with Sys-Check.
The external solution Sys-Check V2.2 enables the following features:
- Diagnostic for dead (not starting) computers. In a lot of cases the computer will start which Sys-Check attached and will check the memory. If any bad RAM chip is detected, Sys-Check will show it - using a simple, but easy to follow graphical expression.
- Also bad OS-ROMs will be detected
- Sys-Check use a flash-ROM for it´s contents. This flash can be changed using your Atari XL/XE computer, no special hardware needed. I will work on more functions for diagnostics this year.
- Up to four different operating systems or Sys-Check firmwares can be hold by the flash-ROM
- For testing purposes, any standard ROM or EPROM with a XL/XE operating system can also be placed in the flash´s socket
- Sys-Check can also be used as an external operating-system switcher / enabler. You can easily enable the Old-OS (from 400/800) for old games or so - without changing anything inside your computer
- 512 KByte external, RAMBO-compatible memory expansion. This memory expansion is 100% compatible to the classic RAMBO standard and can be used with any software which uses extended memory
- External operating-system switcher and external 512 KByte memory expansion can be used together - so Sys-Check V2.2 can lift up any stock XL/XE to an actual machine for modern games and demos - without soldering
Of course a complete manual is offered for Sys-Check explaining the technical hints and how to use it (in english and german)
Scope of delivery:
- Soldered and tested Sys-Check V2.2 PCB for all Atari XL (except 1200 XL) and all XE (except XEGS and XE without ECI)
- Manual and technical documentation (sent by email)
Important note - please read carefully!
As written above, I´ve make 20 pieces ready. These 20 units will be shipped out to the purchasers in 2-3 days after received payment! The rule is simple: First come, first serve. The "ranking" is done by timestamp of the paypal payment notication email. So the "early birds" are getting their Sys-Check within 2-3 weeks (typical delivery time to the USA for example, within europe 3-4 days). All other have to wait until I assemble the next batch, which may take until the beginning of May 2016 (so delivery at your home make take until the end of May 2016).
How to order:
- 1 (one) Sys-Check V2.2 external PCB costs 45 Euros.
- Shipping for one or two pieces worldwide is 7 Euros (Registered Letter "Recommandé", refund in case of lost or damage max. 37 Euros!) or 9 Euros (Insured & Registered Letter, refund in case of lost or damage up to 100 Euros)
- If you want to order more than 2, please contact me before sending money (email: email@example.com)
Please multiply the quantity of Sys-Check V2.2 you want with 45, add the shipping costs and sent the money via Paypal. Please have attention to the following hints to make it easier for me and you!
- Sent the money in the currency EURO to the Paypal-Account firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please add your AtariAge nick name to the comment field in the Paypal transaction to know who you are
- Be sure that the delivery address is complete and fully written in the Paypal transaction
- I will respond to the email address sent by Paypal. If you want me to use an other email address, write it down in the comment field ("informations for seller")
- DO NOT SENT THE MONEY AS A GIFT
- DO NOT SENT THE MONEY FOR A FRIEND
- Use "Pay for goods and services"
I know it´s friendly to do that, but Paypal will close my account when I got to much transfers "as a gift". In the calculation of Sys-Check´s price of 45 Euros the Paypal fee for receiving money and currency conversion is already included. So don´t worry about it!
Every payment is confirmed by email within 24 hours. I will add your email-address to my mailing list and will keep you up-to-date on every step I do until items are shipped.
Payments will collected until April, the 17th (then I order PCBs and parts, if more than 20 units are sold).
Any questions? Don´t hesitate to contact me!