after some hints about my ethernet-card project were given during the last days i thought it would be a good idea to tell you all a bit more about it.
The hardware of the card offers these features:
- 10 MBit Ethernet based on the Crystal CS8900A chip.
- 8 MByte FLASH-RAM organized as two banks of 4 MB each.
- 2 sockets for serial Eeproms.
After a reset the card has access to a 93c86-type (2048 bytes) serial Eeprom. This makes it compatible with new CD-based games for example. To make it compatible with older software which is only able to use a 93c46-type (128 bytes) serial Eeprom, the control-software of the card allows to switch between both desired Eeprom-types.
The control-software of the card currently offers these possibilities:
- CD-Bypass with MemoryTrack-BIOS
- Webserver including TinyFTP
- Adam Dunkels' internet-enabled operating system called Contiki
Here is a picture of the new MemoryTrack-manager:
A small amount of cards of the current PCB-generation is produced and already in use by some developers. The feedback and help coming from these developers will allow to design the next card-generation which will hopefully be the last prototype-generation.