Photo

Atari 7800 Rewritable Multigame Cartridge

mateos flash cart atari 7800 vectrexroli

267 replies to this topic

#251 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 5,399 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 AM

You might talk to  -^Cro§Bow^-  

He made one. I think he made a full face version and a half face version depending on if you hacked a shell or hacked the pcb and made it fit in a regular shell. 

Not sure how kick A$$ they are exactly and I would really like a professional version of this label done that will stick better to my cart, but here is the link to the post with the links for the labels:

http://atariage.com/...-8#entry3632192

#252 chouimat OFFLINE  

chouimat

Space Invader

• 34 posts

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 AM

Does anyone has a cartridge case to sell ?

#253 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 5,399 posts

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 AM

I have a cart shell that is already cut similar to Inky's for the v3 board. But there is no label on it. You can have it for the price of shipping?

Edited by -^CrožBow^-, Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 AM.

#254 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 25,113 posts
  • Meh

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 AM

Does anyone has a cartridge case to sell ?

Just find a cheap Pole Position II.  Works like a charm.

#255 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 25,113 posts
  • Meh

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:43 AM

Not sure how kick A$$ they are exactly and I would really like a professional version of this label done that will stick better to my cart, but here is the link to the post with the links for the labels:

http://atariage.com/...-8#entry3632192

Albert, who does your labels? Perchance a few mateos labels could be made?

#256 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 5,399 posts

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:57 AM

Albert, who does your labels? Perchance a few mateos labels could be made?

I actually asked Al either in a pm or FB pm about this very thing and never received a reply. This was sometime back but just figured it likely isn't worth the time and money for just a few one offs.

#257 SmittyB OFFLINE  

SmittyB

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:44 PM

Mine arrived today and I've been having a blast playing my games on actual hardware. Ta very much!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20171013_210325.jpg

#258 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,495 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:13 PM

Whoa....tell me more, Smitty! What game is that?

#259 SmittyB OFFLINE  

SmittyB

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:28 PM

Whoa....tell me more, Smitty! What game is that?

http://atariage.com/...e-demo-template

Here's the thread for it, it's a work in progress but now that I can test it on real hardware myself I can iron out more of the issues such as the black vs background colour borders control bit needing reversing and that my TV is showing a lot of coloured artifacting on the HUD when I've turned off the colour burst for it.

Along the same lines I was playing Plumb Luck and the text is utterly illegible one my TV.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20171013_205838.jpg

#260 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,495 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:40 PM

Yeah, I found the same issue with Plumb Luck -- even on a modded 7800 connected to a modern TV. I hope there's some change to that color -- it's a great game, and I would like it to be more legible.

#261 RevEng OFFLINE  

RevEng

River Patroller

• 4,734 posts
  • Bitnik

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:21 PM

Here's the thread for it, it's a work in progress but now that I can test it on real hardware myself I can iron out more of the issues such as the black vs background colour borders control bit needing reversing and that my TV is showing a lot of coloured artifacting on the HUD when I've turned off the colour burst for it.
Along the same lines I was playing Plumb Luck and the text is utterly illegible one my TV.

Weird. Maybe your TV circuitry enables/disables the colorburst per frame, instead of per-line. If you're using the 7800basic pause code, does it go away if you hit PAUSE?

RE: Plumb Luck, old school fonts nearly always used doubled-up pixels, for just this reason. Also, a more contrasting color would probably help too.

#262 sramirez2008 ONLINE  

sramirez2008

Stargunner

• 1,959 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 PM

Nice! What extension did you give it, in order for it work on the Mateos?

#263 SmittyB OFFLINE  

SmittyB

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 PM

Nice! What extension did you give it, in order for it work on the Mateos?

Plumb Luck is .32K and the dungeon crawler is .48K

Weird. Maybe your TV circuitry enables/disables the colorburst per frame, instead of per-line. If you're using the 7800basic pause code, does it go away if you hit PAUSE?

RE: Plumb Luck, old school fonts nearly always used doubled-up pixels, for just this reason. Also, a more contrasting color would probably help too.

I'm using my own pause routine but it does turn off colour for the main portion of the screen which does in turn make the entire image crystal clear (relatively).

I'll probably redo Plumb Luck entirely at some point. There was a lot I wanted to do but at the same time I needed to finish it so it wouldn't distract me from the dungeon crawler.

#264 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,495 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:46 AM

All I need now is a kick ass professional quality label for the front.

I think this qualifies as a kick ass professional quality label:

D2D51498-06FE-4F64-8458-2E9F927A38F5.jpeg

BTW, I am curious as to how people were able to fit the Mateos without having to cut that chunk of the front out...

#265 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 5,399 posts

Posted Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:56 AM

I think this qualifies as a kick ass professional quality label:

attachicon.gifD2D51498-06FE-4F64-8458-2E9F927A38F5.jpeg

BTW, I am curious as to how people were able to fit the Mateos without having to cut that chunk of the front out...

If you look a few pages back, you will see that what I did was I removed the interconnect headers off the daughterboard and soldered it directly to the main PCB.

http://atariage.com/...-7#entry3629855

This allows the entire thing to then fit inside the cart shell without cutting it out. But the tradeoff, is that you can't easily remove it and send it back to Juan for repairs or upgrades to the firmware doing this. Also the earlier versions of the flashcart didn't have this daughterboard on the headers either so the earlier versions also fit into the cart shell without totally hacking it up.

Does that help explain?

Edited by -^CrožBow^-, Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 AM.

#266 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,495 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 AM

Yeaaaaaaah, I'll just use the cut-out method. :)

#267 Inky OFFLINE  

Inky

Just a regular dude.

• 25,113 posts
  • Meh

Posted Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:29 PM

Dear crosbow,

The preloaded roms from slot 0 to A are PAL, and the roms on slots B and C are NTSC.

Probably, your Windows 10 is saving hidden folders/files in the drive. To disable this behaviour you can follow one of the following procedures (copied from the FAQ section of my website vectrex.hackermesh.org):

There is a workaround explained in this thread of a Microsoft forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/how-do-i-prevent-system-volume-information-files/815b0046-d631-4419-a43e-44083a3733f5?page=2

If you are using the home editions of Windows 8/10, that do not include gpedit, you can use the regedit alternative explained in the second part of this article: http://www.thewindow...tion-folder-usb

Please, let me know whether this solves the issue.

This should be on the first post of this thread.  I recently purchased a Win 10 PC, and was having the same issues.  The edit to the registry fixed it!

#268 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 5,399 posts

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 AM

This should be on the first post of this thread.  I recently purchased a Win 10 PC, and was having the same issues.  The edit to the registry fixed it!

I was never able to solve this with the registry fix provided. That is why I created a .bat file that changes the attribs of the hidden file information and deletes it when I run it in the background. So basically, I put the switch to the position I want to copy to. Connect the programmer to the top of the cart and connect to PC through USB. I then run the .bat file I created and then able to drag and drop the headerless rom to my cart and go from there. However, it is still very picky on the USB cable I use. I was trying to use the USB cable that I had used in the past and I kept getting bad results with the rom copy. I then tried a much shorter USB cable and that has been working much better. So..cable length matters when getting this stuff copied over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mateos, flash, cart, atari, 7800, vectrexroli

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users