IGNORED

have a look at my newbaby

gambler172

Is this CPUWIZ's handywork?

this time it is my work :)

mid stage prototype but XM & homebrew games work smooth on it

yesterday Gambler172 was testing it, I think he can tell bit more about "user feelings"

I can share only some technical details if you like :)

-ps-

Tower Toppler works.There was no glue logic issue, only "difficult switch" setting :)

Edited by tdididit

Is this CPUWIZ's handywork?

no ☺

I checked it out yesterday......you will need an arduino..

but this is not too expensive....Works great for a proto.

Games must be put on SD card as a78 files....This baby is easy to handle....

a must for every 7800 fan.

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172

How do you flash the cartridge? Also how does the dongle interact with the cart (if it does, I'm at a loss right now, could just be cause I'm really tired and lack of sleep making me dumb).

Proto cart is a 256kB RAM expansion.

Cart firmware is communicate with peripheral device over second controller port (SD/RTC/Keyboard)

you can load a78 image files from SD card using one of applications included in firmware

Is 256K the limit or are you working on a 512K? You know what I'm talking about (hint,hint) ;)

Proto got only 256kB of RAM.

a78-flashcart & a78-flashcart+ are bit more advanced.

Developer version have 512kB RAM compatible with XBoard & 512kB in-system programmable Flash ROM

I will write bit more about them in next two weeks when first batch will be assembled and shipped to the users.

How do you flash the cartridge? Also how does the dongle interact with the cart (if it does, I'm at a loss right now, could just be cause I'm really tired and lack of sleep making me dumb).

it looks like you plug the cart into the dongle, and the dongle plugs into the PC via USB, kinda like an external hard drive or SD Card reader

it looks like you plug the cart into the dongle, and the dongle plugs into the PC via USB, kinda like an external hard drive or SD Card reader

USB-B plug is only for powering and updating Arduino code. top USB-A plug is for keyboard. Device is connected to A7800 via second joy port

Edited by tdididit

so how do you flash ROMs to it?

ROMS are loaded not flashed, from fat32 SD card plugged into Arduino Shield - this shield is connected to Atari joystick port

JOY2SD now evolved into simple-EPI device.

post-41292-0-69402300-1461073821_thumb.jpg

a78-simpleXM cart will be all-in-one device with SD/USB host controller (keyboard/mouse/usb storage) on cartridge pcb,

but I will be able to show XM cart after alpha stage

I am publishing my work in github repositories https://github.com/tdididit?tab=repositories

Edited by tdididit
  • Like 3