Photo

Intellivision Miner 2049er

85 replies to this topic

#1 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Games For Your Intellivision

River Patroller

• 2,311 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:08 PM

It is starting to look like Elektronite has secured rights to the Intellivision version of Miner 2049er.

If anyone had their heart set on programming that game for the Intellivision, please contact me at:

gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com

#2 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,811 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:14 PM

I have my heart set on purchasing and playing.

Unfortunately most of my programming skills are limited to printing "hello world"

#3 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 4,989 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:24 PM

Cool, looking forward to this one as well!!!

#4 mr_intv OFFLINE  

mr_intv

Stargunner

• 1,632 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:48 PM

That's fantastic news. :)

#5 grips03 ONLINE  

grips03

River Patroller

• 3,759 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:47 PM

great title, glad to see it being made for Intv.

#6 intvsteve ONLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 3,245 posts

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 PM

Sounds like a programmer is needed first.

#7 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,144 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:59 AM

If I could program at all, this would be my first choice! So glad to hear there is forward progress on this. :thumbsup:

Thank you Games For Your Intellivision!!! :thumbsup:  :)

#8 Ignorama OFFLINE  

Ignorama

River Patroller

• 2,749 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:50 AM

Isnt it just a DK clone? I guess it has its fans, but its a kind of game the Intellivision has many in the portfolio. Probably skip on that release and wait for other games.

#9 darthkur OFFLINE  

darthkur

River Patroller

• 4,410 posts
  • Traveler in time

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 AM

One of my favorite games. Have it on many different platforms. Looking forward to one for the INTV.

#10 carlsson OFFLINE  

carlsson

Metagalactic Mule

• 8,062 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:52 AM

Miner 2049er is a platformer yes, but not more a copy of Donkey Kong than Boulder Dash is a copy of Dig Dug.

Edit: I could swear there is an apostrophe between "2049" and "er", but Internet doesn't seem to agree.

Edited by carlsson, Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:54 AM.

#11 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

River Patroller

• 2,095 posts
  • Huh?

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 AM

Miner 2049er is a platformer yes, but not more a copy of Donkey Kong than Boulder Dash is a copy of Dig Dug.

Edit: I could swear there is an apostrophe between "2049" and "er", but Internet doesn't seem to agree.

Yes, a platformer were the primary mechanic is painting every platform as you cross over it, with chutes and a lot more variety on the play mechanics from screen to screen.

Here is the map from the C64 version, I played the ColecoVision version a lot back in the day but could never finish it. I seem to remember it having 1 more level than the C64 or Atari 8-bit versions

[Click to enlarge]

Miner 2049er map.jpg

#12 carlsson OFFLINE  

carlsson

Metagalactic Mule

• 8,062 posts

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:33 AM

Yes, Wikipedia agrees with you on the number of levels in each version. Curiously, it seems it never was released for MSX, Amstrad CPC nor ZX Spectrum, despite the huge number of ports including both uncommon Japanese and French systems. (No version for the TRS-80 CoCo series as well, despite both Fujitsu and Thomson versions)

Edit: The sequel Bounty Bob Strikes Back exists for the BBC, CPC and ZX though.

Edited by carlsson, Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:40 AM.

#13 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,322 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:00 PM

I like seeing the Inty catalog grow with quality releases, but I don't see the market for this one. If Boulder Dash had disappointing sales, I will bet my original Mattel Football handheld that this will be more disappointing.

#14 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,269 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:14 PM

Yeah, am a little surprised by this one as well. Quite common on all platforms that most of us already own. Hopefully it'll offer up something a little different to help distinguish it, like a level editor, different levels, combines both Miner games, BB Strikes Back, etc. Oh and plays faster than the dog ass slow VCS version(s) originally did before TJ's speed up hack. :lol:

#15 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,755 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:24 PM

I don't own any other platforms (lack of physical space). Looks like a good game.

#16 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,144 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:01 PM

Yeah, am a little surprised by this one as well. Quite common on all platforms that most of us already own. Hopefully it'll offer up something a little different to help distinguish it, like a level editor, different levels, combines both Miner games, BB Strikes Back, etc. Oh and plays faster than the dog ass slow VCS version(s) originally did before TJ's speed up hack. :lol:

I loved both Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes back!

Miner does have ten levels and Bounty Bob(your action character from Miner) has 25 levels.

Miner I have for the Atari 5200, Bounty Bob I had for my Commodore 64. Anyway, o clear it up for any doubters, they were both great games and very challenging in a puzzle-platform way.

All that being said, a crossbred version between the two would be amazing! How hard is that to accomplish? I have no Idea, I play and collect yet program games 0% of my time unfortunately.And....I would love it as as I only collect complete games for the Intellivision.

I really do hope this game happens if anyone has never played it, please do! :)  :thumbsup:

#17 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 4,989 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:25 PM

I loved both Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes back!

Miner does have ten levels and Bounty Bob(your action character from Miner) has 25 levels.

Miner I have for the Atari 5200, Bounty Bob I had for my Commodore 64. Anyway, o clear it up for any doubters, they were both great games and very challenging in a puzzle-platform way.

All that being said, a crossbred version between the two would be amazing! How hard is that to accomplish? I have no Idea, I play and collect yet program games 0% of my time unfortunately.And....I would love it as as I only collect complete games for the Intellivision.

I really do hope this game happens if anyone has never played it, please do! :)  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this release for the intellivision !!!

#18 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 16,265 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:21 PM

A few of the ports look decent.  CV, 5200, and c64 look good.      Apple II looks kinda crappy.   Intv could be pretty good.

#19 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,811 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:00 PM

Some consoles looked way too fast, and some looked painfully slow.  A couple looked like it was near impossible to get properly lined up with the ladders.

The Windows version was neat.  He looked like a little gnome

#20 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,811 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:08 PM

Wikipedia says there is a way to skip levels.  I haven't played since the '80s, and I don't recall this.

Maybe the Atari 800 method can be utilized in the Inty port, so the keypad can be used for something.

Hidden features

Pressing the space bar for several seconds skips a level.

On the Atari 800, keying in the phone number on the title screen, followed by a level number, skips to that level

#21 pimpmaul69 OFFLINE  

pimpmaul69

River Patroller

• 4,856 posts
  • INTV Brotherhood Technician

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:24 PM

I might give the gameboy one a whirl. Windows one looks good but not as much to do. The rest look terrible. Does not look fun at all.

#22 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,144 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:22 PM

Wikipedia says there is a way to skip levels.  I haven't played since the '80s, and I don't recall this.

Maybe the Atari 800 method can be utilized in the Inty port, so the keypad can be used for something.

Hidden features

Pressing the space bar for several seconds skips a level.

On the Atari 800, keying in the phone number on the title screen, followed by a level number, skips to that level

There was never, back in the day a way to skip levels at least on the original ten level version.

As I recall on the Commodore 64 version of Bounty Bob Strikes Back! yes you could.

Edited by wolfy62, Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:27 PM.

#23 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,569 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:24 PM

Miner 2049er for 5200 is my favorite . The Colecovision version is stupid hard as you hardly even get time to finish a board . 

#24 Games For Your Intellivision OFFLINE  

Games For Your Intellivision

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,311 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:45 PM

Looking forward to this release for the intellivision !!!

It's not going to happen if we don't get a programmer.

#25 fdr4prez ONLINE  

fdr4prez

Stargunner

• 1,811 posts

Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:59 PM

There was never, back in the day a way to skip levels at least on the original ten level version.

As I recall on the Commodore 64 version of Bounty Bob Strikes Back! yes you could.

I read it on the internet:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users