IGNORED

Yesterdays News

sparkdrummer

Enjoyed the read. I, too, enjoyed its retro look and "blast from the past" focus. Reprinting old material is fine by me. I've almost certainly missed something (even though I will stroll through past newsletters on whtech). I love history and reviews of products maybe I missed "the first time around."

Has anyone one else had a problem printing this file? I'm pulling my hair out! I tried to print it, but only 1/3 of the first page came out, now all I get is error code 0x97 on my printer and NOTHING prints, it spits out a blank page and demands to be shut off. It's like a paper weight.

It printed fine for me (Chrome on Win10), but I did find myself wishing that it would print out a lot noisier than it did. :-) I do occasionally have trouble similar to what you describe on one machine at home (Firefox on XP), but, oddly, if I open the saved pdf directly from Acrobat Reader, I seemed to have better luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting bit on the last page about a 99105 accelerator card which fits in the console and supposedly needs no soldering. I wonder how they achieved that. And how it communicates with a 16-bit RAM card in the PEB when the PEB cable is only 8 bit ...?

Interesting bit on the last page about a 99105 accelerator card which fits in the console and supposedly needs no soldering. I wonder how they achieved that. And how it communicates with a 16-bit RAM card in the PEB when the PEB cable is only 8 bit ...?

I don't know about that, but I was there at one of the fairs, either Chicago or Lima, and he was describing it. The main thing that I remember is that at the time he was having signal issues(the traces were not close enough together or something to that effect). I had been excitingly waiting for them to be produced, but had to quit the TI scene shortly afterward.

The SGCPU also allowed for connecting the HRD16 card via a 16-bit bus inside the PEB. The trick was to connect the HRD16 to the SGCPU via a separate bus cable with the remaining 8 bits. So one half of the data bus went through the box, and the other half through that cable.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Omega, I'm glad you like them. I get a great deal of pleasure in putting them together and hope I am selecting stuff that fellow TI'ers find interesting and maybe in some cases informative. I get such a kick out this that I've had the July issue done for 2 weeks. The August issue was put to bed a week ago and I'm working on September.

• Like 2

Omega, I'm glad you like them. I get a great deal of pleasure in putting them together and hope I am selecting stuff that fellow TI'ers find interesting and maybe in some cases informative. I get such a kick out this that I've had the July issue done for 2 weeks. The August issue was put to bed a week ago and I'm working on September.

Not just like, I love em!

Ya know... uh, er... if you really get THAT much pleasure out of making them... you could change the dates on the last two and make Yesterday's News a bi-monthly endeavor. :evil: Just an idea.....

(ducking and running for cover)

• Like 1

Not just like, I love em!

Ya know... uh, er... if you really get THAT much pleasure out of making them... you could change the dates on the last two and make Yesterday's News a bi-monthly endeavor. :evil: Just an idea.....

(ducking and running for cover)

How is once every two months better than once a month?

...lee

• Like 1