Photo

Yesterdays News

212 replies to this topic

#201 Stuart OFFLINE  

Stuart

Dragonstomper

• 713 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 PM

Black and Brushed Al-You-Min-E-Um! Brilliant really!

Don't you pronounce it Al-Ooo-Min-Um in the US?

#202 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• 725 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:42 PM

Don't you pronounce it Al-Ooo-Min-Um in the US?

it really varies on dialect- where i grew up in TX, it's Aloo-mee-nyim.  ;-)

#203 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,731 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:01 PM

What Airshack said!

#204 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,731 posts

Posted Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 AM

While I've not had too much free-time lately, I always look forward to Yesterday's News.  I wonder WHAT is going to be in the upcoming year-end issue?

One addition (if possible) I'd like to see in the coming year... a "FUTURE NEWS" blurb, which would actually be 'current news', but the name would fit in with the theme better.  Nothing drastic, just a small paragraph or two about new software or hardware releases.  These newsletters in PDF format have the potential to show up in the darndest places, so a little 'current news' might inspire a returning TI'er or two as well.

#205 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 791 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 AM

Omega - We could do that, but to be honest, I'm as much "up" on all the latest happenings in our beloved TI world - How about an assistant editor to just do the new stuff? They could submit the text to me here and I could edit and publish in the News.

If this came to pass I'd probably have to rename the newsletter Yesterday,,, And Today.

Any takers for assistant editor?

#206 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,731 posts

Posted Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:51 PM

Any takers for assistant editor?

Sadly, I'm way too busy to take on any more stuff at the present time, otherwise I'd jump at this wonderful opportunity to support the TI community.   I betting some nice person will offer to help.

#207 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 791 posts

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 1:57 AM

Attached File  YN_02_12.pdf   271.11KB   21 downloads

Attached File  Dom_0212.pdf   16.05KB   12 downloads

Attached File  card.pdf   20.56KB   15 downloads

Attached File  YN_02_12.dsk   90KB   5 downloads

#208 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,912 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 2:19 AM

ah cool, will celebrate that at the weekend :)

#209 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 791 posts

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 2:54 AM

Hey Schmitzi - That bike looks like a BMW airhead. I have one too - an 1982 R/65.

#210 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,912 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Dec 2, 2017 2:19 AM

Hi, it was a Suzuki GSX 750 (or GS750 or GS750X?) cannot remember exactly, had 2 of the almost same bikes :)

#211 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 791 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:38 PM

Attached File  JAN18.pdf   12.16KB   13 downloads

#212 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,731 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:34 PM

Sparky,

On the bottom of your calendar it says VAST currently has two members.  Does VAST plan on accepting "remote memberships"?  When are your meetings?  Do you have meetings?  Are you planning on attending Fest West next April?  If so, maybe you can fill us in on how you might have meetings over some type of cellphone APP like one of the group based Walkie Talkie or conference call programs... or some other method.  I could really get into something like that.  Fest West is cool, but it's only once a year.   A real time chat or round table conference could be fun.

#213 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 791 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:06 PM

The members are myself and Airshack. We get together when the Cap isn't in the air doing his thing. Usually once a month.We meet at the Dunkin' Donuts by my house and set up a computer and/or video game of some sort, which they have allowed us to do. Last meeting I showed James how I have set up my nanoPEB and we copied the contents of my 512m to his little computer. We always have fun and usually attract attention. I think at our next meeting I'm going to show James one of my Tomy Tutor computers with some games. I have absolutely no problem with remote memberships - Perhaps James can rig up some form of two way communication - He's the one that's up on all the latest tech.It would be fun to do that. I would love to come to Fest West 2018, but do not know if I'll make it or not. I'd like to attend Chicago as well at least once. Being semi-retired and effectively on social security puts a serious cramp on cash flow.  

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users